No Network Connection on Qu-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting No Network Connection on Qu-32

This topic contains 36 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BRS BRS 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

So finally after 2-1/2 days I did speak with a guy at American Music & Sound, the US Distributor for A&H.
    Had me run through a bunch of tests, and at the end, he said my console is going to have to go back to A&H.
    I’m a bit upset, have only had the thing for a little over a month.
    But what really made me upset is I am expected to pay for shipping to A&H, they pay for it coming back.
    I’d understand this if the console was a year old, but not a month old.
    He said he would speak to the powers that be, guess we’ll see if he is successful.
    I have to say, this episode with it taking days to get someone on the phone has really soured me on A&H.
    For a $3000+ piece of gear, I expect better.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think I would argue that one with the dealer. That is close enough to infantile failure for me. Almost DOA.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Rob, not to ask the obvious but I am going to do it anyway. What firmware is your QU-32 running and what version of the QU-PAD app are you running?

If your iPad is set to auto update, the its also possible that it updated to the latest firmware which doesnt recognize the Qu-32
    IF that is Not the case and it simply wont connect.

Just Pm me the Serial Number and the dealer you purchased it from and we will get it taken care of ASAP and get a new console swapped out.
    Sorry you had troubles with our support department and I will address this, if you could also please let me know the gentleman you spoke to about your console. Either way we will figure it out and get you dialed.

Michael Palmer
    Vp of Sales Allen & Heath USA
    American Music and Sound
    michael.palmer@ah-usa.com

hobsound
    Participant

Very impressed that you reached out to me, Mike.
    I replied in a PM.
    And also a shout-out to GCumbee for helping get the ball rolling.

hobsound
    Participant

Just to close the thread this, A&H (actually American Music & Sound) replaced my Qu-32, which now has a working network port.
    And they sent me a call-tag for my 1-month old one.
    Great customer service.

Profile photo of Hercules123
    Hercules123
    Participant

What I’ve found is the Enable DHCP can be confusing. If the “Enable” is green and highlighted it’s not on. If you press apply and it says”Disabled” in gray, it is on now locked on to the IP address with the router. This has caused drop outs and craziness with iPads.

Profile photo of MABster
    MABster
    Participant

I’ve got the exact same problem here. did you ever get this resolved?

hobsound
    Participant

I did, after they replaced my console. I’m convinced the network card was defective.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well now I am faced with this problem. On a QU-24 I just installed. I tried everything I can do. Taking my QU16 to the church tomorrow to see if it works. After upgrade to 1.82 it didn’t want to work at first but finally did. Have never had that problem with it in 3 years.

Had some back and forth with AMS today but nothing firm. I am requesting an advanced replacement since I just opened it although have had it for over a month waiting building completion. Now their opening is next week. I can’t wait for an exchange or repair.

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

I am having this same issue with my QU32. Everything has worked flawlessly since I got this console for the last 2 weeks and now suddenly (just before sound check) the network port decides it doesn’t want to work. No light on… No nothing.

bummer….

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Mine turned out to presumably be a network port or card problem. A new console is on its way to me. Shipping this one back. I hooked up a QU16 to the router and it worked fine. 24 won’t. Only one I have had problems with.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Has anyone one with this issue been able to replace the internal network cable and everything was good? Or generally did these problems result in desks being replaced?

hobsound
    Participant

I can only speak from my experience with the Qu-32, and that had to be replaced.
    My Qu-16 and Qu-24 have been fine.

Hi guys,

If you’re still having issues can I ask you to check a couple of things:

1) Is there LED activity on the LAN port on the back of the Qu, if so then this suggests the devices can see each other.

2) Check the IP address of the iPad and the IP address of Qu. The Qu IP can be found under Setup > Utility > Diagnostics

The only IP address variable should be the last entry, 192.168.1.xx

Drop me a line support@allen-heath.com if you still have issues.

Regards
    Mike

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I am pretty sure it is not a router/ip address issue. I initially can connect normally, soon after that, the connection is dropped, no activity on the lan port. I simply unplug the cable, plug it back in (sometimes i have to do this twice.) The activity light comes back on and im back in business, but for how long? 1-5 minutes, maybe 20 if i’m lucky and i’m repeating this process again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.