no audio signal before 10 min. after switching on

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting no audio signal before 10 min. after switching on

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of musicsound
    musicsound
    Participant

unfortunately there is no audio output level at all during the first 5 -15 minutes after switching the QuSB on.
    I can see on my iPad that everything is working correctly (output LED´s in the app are showing the signal) but indeed there is zero output level from the main XLR´s but also not from the headphone or mix outputs.

And suddenly … after a few minutes …. the audio level appears as it should and everything is working correctly.
    It seems a bit as the QuSB needs a few minutes to warm up before the DAC starts working.

My QuSB was working correctly in the past and this malfunction is new to me.
    Any idea what it can be or how to correct it ?

musicsound
    Participant

and I also just noticed the following:

in the setup / utility / diagnostics screen of the iPad app, the temperature of the DAC is going down by 3 or 4 degree as soon as the audio begins to play after about 10 min.(e.g.from 55C back to 51C).

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Musicsound,

This sounds like it may be a hardware issue with your unit, unfortunately.

Please contact your local distributor to arrange a service: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks! Alex

musicsound
    Participant

ok, thanks for the advice.

One more question:

A few months ago, I had this QuSB for repair, since since the dsnake connector was broken.
    After return I did not use the Qu for some time. Just now I wanted to use it again but unfortunately noticed this malfunction.
    Can this “new” hardware issue also be caused by the repair of the dsnake connector?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Musicsound,

It is possible for this to be the case, but your distributor will be able to confirm that by taking a look at your unit.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.