No Audio from board

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting No Audio from board

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rhys
    Rhys
    Participant

Hello,

I have been using a QU-32 for a few years now. Last year we added a d-snake, and it worked flawlessly with no issues. We just added an ME-1 monitor mixer which is getting channel information from the QU, but there is no audio on the headphone output. If I turn the ambient mic on, it’s output is audible on the headphone jack, but no audio from the board seems to be passing.

I saw one post in the forum with a similar issue that was a sampling rate mismatch, but the QU-32 has a fixed sampling rate, and I can’t find a way to change it on the ME-1 which indicates to me that it is fixed as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rhys Crawford

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Does it pass the names of your channels?

Do you have the sound level of the individual channels turned up? (easy to forget for first time users).

Profile photo of Rhys
    Rhys
    Participant

Barry,

Thanks for responding. Yes, we do get channel names. That is what I meant by “channel information” in my OP, apparently, I was not clear. Some more info:

We get channel names from the board
    We get sound levels from the board (the meters work on the individual channels)
    When I turn on the individual channels, the master meters work indicating that sound should be going out to the headphones
    The master volume is turned on to 50% (I’ve tried turning this up to 100% with no change)

My setup is Qu-32 D-Snake Out to 12 port unmanaged switch
    From the unmanaged switch to the d-snake and to the ME-1.

d-snake works flawlessly in this configuration. I have tried powering the ME-1 with an external adapter, and with a POE injector, no change either way. I have tried plugging the ME-1 directly into the board, I have tried a different switch, nothing seems to make any difference.

Thank you for your consideration,

Rhys

Profile photo of Rhys
    Rhys
    Participant

I just swapped out the switch for a POE switch, same results.

Barryjam
    Participant

You really have done the tests, especially plugging the ME right into board dsnake out.

It acts like there is a short between the DAC and the output jack, while the local mic is connected ok to the output jack???

Profile photo of Rhys
    Rhys
    Participant

Can anyone confirm that the ME-1 does in fact work with the QU series?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you mean by short, but to my knowledge, if anything on the output jack is shorted then nothing should work on that jack.

Barryjam
    Participant

ME works with QU: 100% sure of that. I’ve run ME with qu16 and gu-sb.

I might be wrong about “short.” I know, the local mic works, you report. But it is at least possible that the jack receives separate wires from the local mic and the DAC. But i’m Just guessing.

You should do a problem ticket with A&H, if not already done.

Profile photo of NBan
    NBan
    Participant

OP – have you found a fix? I’m in the exact same situation. Channel info is passed, ambient mic works through the headphones, just no audio being passed

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

If names and metering work but there’s no audio, this is usually because the ME-1 audio clock is not locked. As you said, in a Qu32 the clock is always ‘internal’ so I’m not sure what is happening there. I think Barryjam was right when he suggested contacting tech support.

it is at least possible that the jack receives separate wires from the local mic and the DAC

This is correct, the local mic control is essentially an analogue mix direct to the headphone output.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.