Newly Aqquired QU-24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Newly Aqquired QU-24

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

Last night I bought a second hand never been out of the box QU-24 off an AV engineer who had bought the QU direct from Audio Technica (UK A&H distributors) via his works account. Purchased for a project that didn’t take off.

As I already have a QU-16 I took along with me my USB pen drive that has stored scenes on and my HDD that has some multi-track recording on from earlier shows in 2015, took these to make sure everything worked as is should. What I found was, the QU-24 played back my entire multi-track recordings fine, but didn’t recognise any of my 60+ scenes on my pen drive.

I would have thought whatever was saved on one console would be seen by another, or will I have to format the pen drive via the QU-24 and then transfer from a back up pen drive all my scenes that I created on my QU-16 for it to be able to see and load them up?

Just to add, also on my pen drive was the latest firmware update (1.82) for the QU-24, that installed as per normal.

Thanks
    Lee

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Are both consoles on the same level of firmware?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, both consoles are running the latest firmware.

Thanks

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I am only guessing here…

I imagine Qu16 shows/scenes are not compatible with a Qu24, Qu 32 or QuPac.

You can save each channel’s processing from the Qu16 to your User Library, then copy those to your USB jump drive and transfer them to the Qu24. I have a feeling for all the other stuff, safes, routing etc. that will need to be done manually.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I *thought* it had been confirmed ed that the formats were compatible, with unknowns being ignored – or was that only bringing shows down the series?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I just don’t know

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Page 12 of the manual:

Scene, Library and Show memories – All Qu mixer memories are compatible. Files created on
    one model can be transferred via USB key and loaded on the other. The extra features of the
    bigger models will be ignored when their file is loaded on a Qu-16. The extra features of the bigger
    models will be reset to factory default when a Qu-16 file is loaded.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Sorry – double post

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

That what it is supposed to do, but on this occasion it doesn’t seem to be working out as planned. I will set up the QU-24 and format one of my back up pen drives and then copy over my scenes from another drive and see if that helps. Not the end of the world if it doesn’t as the bigger desk is other shows etc that I have coming up this year and not for use with the band I work with. Although, if my QU-16 ever went down I could fall back on its bigger bro and load up my scenes (hopefully) without too much disruption.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

You said that they are both on the same version of firmware. Were the scenes saved to the USB with those levels of firmware or were they old files?

I’d re-save them and then see if they are readable on the new system.

I had the exact same issue when I tried to install files on a 1.82 system from a 1.71 system. An upgrade and a re-save resolved that issue.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Some of the files were saved on earlier firmware releases whilst others were saved after the latest firmware release. The daft thing is, I downloaded an FX setting that a member on here had created the other day to my pen drive. The QU-24 can read that and load it up, so why it won’t read anything else is beyond me. I will get to the bottom of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.