Newbie QU-24 question on USB thumb drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Newbie QU-24 question on USB thumb drive

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ricand
    Ricand
    Participant

I just got the QU-24 and want to update it to 1.4. I bought a small thumb drive to transfer the upgrade, but the QU-24 doesn’t see it at all. I put the TD in every computer I have and they see it without a problem. I can’t format it, since it doesn’t even recognize it and ungray the Format button. Searching this forum, some have said to power up with it in the QU-Drive slot. This didn’t work either. Do I need to buy another one and hope it’s compatible? Any suggestions?

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I had that problem once. Try inserting the drive before powering up the mixer. If that doesn’t work, reformat the drive on your computer with FAT-32. It may be formatted with a format that the board cannot read.

Profile photo of Ricand
    Ricand
    Participant

Thanks mamerica, sounded good so I reformatted it, turned on with the drive in and it didn’t work either. I’ve ordered a new thumb drive, hopefully it’s something weird about this TD. Any other suggestions are gratefully requested.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Funny, but I tried several <1GB drives and they did not work. Took 8 GB kingston formatted via Q desk and then copied the firmware on it, that worked.

ddff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.