Newbie Mutitrack Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Newbie Mutitrack Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

New to the digital world and just bought a QU-24, I am Loving it and have figured out a most of its operations in a few hours of messing around on it, but I have a question on multi tracking. Is the signal being sent pre eq and efeects or is it the exact recording of the show. I would like to be able to have nothing added and prefader so I could remix afterwards to my liking, maybe this has been asked? I am thinking its in the routing of the signal path to the QU-Drive? Yes? How is it done.. Thank you for the newbie question of the day…LK

Profile photo of pTorak
    pTorak
    Participant

I have the qu16, but guessing it is defaulted the same…

As far as I am aware, it is essentially post pre but before anything else. At least, all the recordings I have made so far are, FWIW.

I will be shot down very fast if I am wrong, I am sure…!

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

+1 to pTorak. P61 of the 1.4 user guide shows the block diagram. The tap point for multitrack recording (for inputs) is set at the insert send point: post preamp (gain and polarity invert,) but pre everything else (insert, hpf, gate, peq, comp and delay.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.