New WiFi / WLAN Router?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions New WiFi / WLAN Router?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andre S Andre S 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi girls and guys,

I want to buy a new WiFi Router for controlling the SQ5.
    Yesterday I used an old and very cheap TpLink router (TP-LINK TL-WR841N ) that caused my mixer to freeze when 4 devices (iPad mini4, 2 HuaweiP20, iPhone something) were connected and all were tring zu change their auxes individually. Had to switch the mixer off and back on to de-freeze it. Luckily that happend while soundcheck.

Are there specific suggestions which routers are recommanded? I live in Germany and there close to 40 routers to choose from in ocal stores, not counting Amazon´s offers, etc. I´m a little bit lost.

Any input welcome.
    André S

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Not certain your problem is specifically related to the router itself..but, FWIW, We’ve replaced all our Dlive routers with Ubiquiti products..gateway pro 4/unifi AC pro access points/unifi Mesh…whatever you choose go “industrial”..the difference in stability and coverage is amazing and the whole system is expandable….Cisco also makes pro systems but i see Unifi way more often around the major tours…..

hope this helps

Ray

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Ray,
    thanks for your answer. I´ll have a look into their products.
    Andre S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.