New user questions

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions New user questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fred in Va Fred in Va 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fred in Va
    Fred in Va
    Participant

Hi all,

I just spent a weekend with a GLD80 doing a local festival and I had a couple of iPad questions:

1)Is it possible to put effects in the monitors via the iPad? I found how to inset effects on the Aux bus via a laptop, but I would like to add effects to individual inputs in the monitor mixes, and not have effects on the whole monitor mix.

2)This may be more of a suggestion – I was checking in the bands with the tablet, and I found that I had to change the monitor mix to put an input into different mixes. The iPad app has a significant lag when changing what monitor mix you are on, and I was wondering if there was a way to select the input channel and then add that signal to the different monitor mixes without the lag time.

Thanks!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Yes you can set the fx level on every aux with the iPad, same as with the laptop!

Where exactly do you get the lag? (And how long is it? 0.5seconds?)

The big advantage of the GLD or iLive is the Mix-buttons to use send on fader in both directions… From channel to all the auxes or from one aux to all the inputs… Now with the iPad you can do the same by double klick on either the input channels or the auxes!

Profile photo of Fred in Va
    Fred in Va
    Participant

Thank you for the information.

On the iPad, the lag time would be 1-2 seconds to change from one monitor mix to another, then the time to scroll to the input, and then the time to get the nput fader to respond ( I seemed to have difficulty getting the faders to recognize my finger, and repeated atempts would activate the channel in L/R and take me away from the monitor mix I wanted to adjust.

I will expirament and see if I can activateva channel on the iPad and use the other part of the screen to send signal to the mixes as you suggested.

Fred

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.