New Qu-Pac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions New Qu-Pac

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I just received my Qu-Pac from a gent in Texas and I gotta say that I am quite pleased with it so far. Got the firmware updated, hooked up a mic and it made noise!! Definitely different than the Qu-32 I am used to but it appears to be a fairly short learning curve. This will be my personal mixer to gig with, the Qu-32 resides in our clubhouse facilities.

Cheers, Phil

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

have fun…
    Is X-mas in Texas at the end of November?
    Texans are different 🙂

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Wasn’t a gift! Bought it on Reverb. Texans can be a bit on the odd side for sure. And that from an Okie almost 50 yrs removed. We have our own oddities.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Everything’s Sooner in Oklahoma…

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Boomer Sooner as they say in Oklahoma.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I use a QU Pac as my main mixer and when needed with a AB168 or AR2412 or both.
    If you have ever used your QU 32 with an iPad there is hardly any difference in
    operating the QU Pac via iPad.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

So far so good. One odd thing though, I have several scenes on a thumb drive from the Qu 32 and one will not copy over to the Qu-PAC. I can transfer any of the others but not th one. I will verify that it is good and resave it to the drive the next time I am on my the 32. Tomorrow night I believe.

I will or the most part use the iPad app for control.

Thanks for the offer of help.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I enjoyed going from the Q16 to the QU PAC because I could refer back to the QU16 when I couldn’t find my way to something on the QU PAC. I used the QU16 as my reference tool really I suppose. I also loved being able to save all my scenes and presets and transfer them so easily to my QU PAC.
    I use my QU PAC as my main band mixer at shows and the QU16 as my back up. No need for a mixer with faders to gather dust and risk damage at bar gigs – the QU PAC is easier to keep safe and away from the elements. QU16 stays in its case but close by.

I just got a SQ6 which I will use for bigger/nicer shows…
    Case in point – the only way to copy my settings from the QU PAC is to set up each one myself…..it’s taking a while.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.