New products (DX-164W & Prime)

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions New products (DX-164W & Prime)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

164W is 10-20% more expensive.

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Any new ETA on Prime I/O availability or specs? Thanks!

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Any new ETA on the Prime I/O? Are there any specs available as of yet? Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

PRIME is currently in external beta testing, and so far the feedback has been great. I imagine we will ship by September at the latest. Perfection takes time!
    Some figures below, full specs will be online soon and there is so much more to it that you cannot put in numbers, like the Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors or the 4ch of ADC per input… bear with us a few more weeks and we will detail it all.

PRIME Input
    ADC 96kHz, 32bit
    Mic EIN -127.5dBu
    Dynamic Range 114.8dB
    Residual Noise -96.8dBu

PRIME Output
    DAC 96kHz, 32bit
    Residual Noise -94dBu
    THD+N -105dB

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks as always, Nicola.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Looks like Prime AD/DA’s have been released.

PRIME INPUT MODULE

Profile photo of MrStarke
    MrStarke
    Participant
    Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

OK confused here how come only 92 Prime I/O channels I would have thought 96 was possible (3 X DX32 expanders 32 channels each) = 96 channels don’t think my maths fail me.
    Could you not add a DX hub also to allow 4 X DX32’s giving 128 Prime channels. Mind you I would guess that would be an expensive shopping list. πŸ™‚
    They do sound stunning though.
    Ian B.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Ian

The numbers you are looking at on the Prime I/O web pages are number of modules, not number of channels. You are right that DX32 units can be connected via a DX Hub.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Thanks Jeff at least I have not gone mad. Looking forward to getting my hands on some modules, already have a couple of jobs crying out for them.😎

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

@nicola A&H it’s true that you developed prime cards in collaboration with DAD? (Digital Audio Denmark)

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@zistan That’s the first time I hear that! So no, not to my knowledge anyway.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.