New Plugin Licensing for Rental Usage

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions New Plugin Licensing for Rental Usage

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m working for a rental company with several consoles. And I would like to buy some of the SQ plugins for my “privat toolbox” but currently it’s not possible to temporary licensing the plugin with a console.
    It would be great if there is the option to return the licensing of the plugin or that a certain USB Drive has the license included, because I have more or less every day a different console…
    If that change is coming please also change the need of different licenses for SQ5/6/7 consoles, because otherwise I still have to buy 3 Licenses.

I think also for small touring shows with own technician but no own gear could that be great.

Thank you 🙂

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

+1

Just the ability to downgrade would solve this problem. And I believe it would be simpler to implement programmatically compared to a dongle system.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Participant

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

I´m pretty it´s not possible, because the add on code is generated with our SQs serial number.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@andre S

I am pretty sure that it is possible *IF* they wanted to make it happen.
    They could find other ways to generate add on code or otherwise control licenses.

For sure dongles are not acceptable to users.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.