new part of the forum

Forums Forums Other A&H products new part of the forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

that’s good
    a place to discuss the real important X:one stuff 😉

I like it

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Well done! YES and does that include the GSR24 ?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Why not?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

RE: GSR24M Gearslutz forum this has been posted with regard to the the connection slot interface on the rear of the GSR24m.

Good news everyone, I was just contacted by the main distributor in Canada for A&H and they said that A&H will be producing a small batch of the balance analogue cards in October with expected delivery in November. If you want one place your order now as this is a one time deal.

Can Allen and Heath confirm this?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

RE GSR24M: Actually to give more of this post:
    It would be good for Allen Heath to confirm this before trying to find out.

Good news everyone, I was just contacted by the main distributor in Canada for A&H and they said that A&H will be producing a small batch of the balance analogue cards in October with expected delivery in November. If you want one place your order now as this is a one time deal.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?p=14952998#post14952998
    Posted by: johnnybregar
    On: 5th September 2020 11:41 AM

I haven’t heard yet if they are making the V1 or V2 analog cards – but Rich at Lunchbox Audio is helping me get it sorted out, and he’s been really helpful.

Feel free to ping him if you are in the US and would like to try to get hold of one of these. sales@lunchboxaudio.com

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

GSR24M Update:
    Posted by: spirit
    On: 6th September 2020 07:38 AM

The distributor sent me an email today and said that the cards will be V2.
    Still not sure if I’m going to go for it.
    There isn’t much there that you can’t do with a patchbay.
    You could use the card as a dedicated balanced insert path for outboard gear (workflow option B) with your DAW convertor outputs running straight into the console’s line inputs.
    That would be a novel feature, as the standard onboard inserts are unbalanced.
    I suppose having the card may make the console easier to sell (??) But, personally, I plan on keeping mine until it stops working.

*** I doubt if any GSR24M owners will be looking here?
    They wont know this forum exists.
    However they are future Allen and Heath digital desks owners!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I did leave a message on the Gearslutz forum about this site:
    I will keep this up as any new posts are made.

These following posts were made to the thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?p=15004568#post15004568
    Posted by: Rtroost
    On: 29th September 2020 12:20 PM

—Quote (Originally by Jethro)—
    I record the mixdown in 31/32
    But if I get 8 ad/da, can I still send the channels from sonar to the console or it will give me only 8 channels ? And would I be able to use all the faders and pans and eq’s as usual or the I need 32/32 converter ?
    —End Quote—
    I think from your questions that you should read up/watch videos on this console a bunch more to get the hang of what you are planning.

The analogue board replaces the firewire board, so each signal you want to send to the board from your daw would need a dac channel.

If by ‘8 ad/da’ you mean an 8×8 then you can send 8 mono channels out to board and then use 2 adcs to capture the 2bus. Youll have 6 adcs left over at mixdown. You could use them to capture groups..

Yes all eq panning and routing works exactly the same on he analogue board as on the firewire board.

Think hard about cables and patch bays before you jump into this.

To recreate exactly what you have with the firewire, you would need the balanced card, a 32×32 interface, and (typically) 8 dsub male to male cables.

I havent used cakewalk since the 90s but most daws work roughly the same. Your milage may vary.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?p=15004622#post15004622
    Posted by: Jethro
    On: 29th September 2020 12:51 PM

—Quote (Originally by Rtroost)—
    I think from your questions that you should read up/watch videos on this console a bunch more to get the hang of what you are planning.

The analogue board replaces the firewire board, so each signal you want to send to the board from your daw would need a dac channel.

If by ‘8 ad/da’ you mean an 8×8 then you can send 8 mono channels out to board and then use 2 adcs to capture the 2bus. Youll have 6 adcs left over at mixdown. You could use them to capture groups..

Yes all eq panning and routing works exactly the same on he analogue board as on the firewire board.

Think hard about cables and patch bays before you jump into this.

To recreate exactly what you have with the firewire, you would need the balanced card, a 32×32 interface, and (typically) 8 dsub male to male cables.

I havent used cakewalk since the 90s but most daws work roughly the same. Your milage may vary.
    —End Quote—
    Thanks man, I got it, the cables and patch bays isn’t really a problem, not even the budget also, all I want is to increase the quality and be able to record with low buffer size (32, 48) without having too much crackles, My pc is solid so I think the problem is with the firewire card

All the best,
    Gearslutz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.