New GLD112

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions New GLD112

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Got mine in today. Already had a demo 80 for evaluation. Really nice. Love the extra faders and overall size. Amazing to have that much of a console that I can still pickup with little effort. Looking forward to doing a big 15 hour Telethon in a few weeks with an 80/32(new one enroute) and 112/48 to do TV mixing for 2 stages, MC’s, tracks, video, etc.

George, Mid-America Communications Audio/Video
    Paducah, KY USA..

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

How do you find yourself laying it out?

I’d see the main advantage as being able to see more input faders simultaneously without losing the masters. I can see how doing Inputs > Groups > Masters could make sense with signal flow, or a “large frame analog” style center master section could be nice.

The one thing I don’t like about the 80 is the positioning of the layer buttons for the left bank. Standing at the console with your hands resting at either side of it and having the buttons to the right side of the left bank means that you have to put the faders “outside” your hand to switch layers, then move your hand back over to bring them back “in” again. It makes more sense on the 112 because of how much of a stretch the left bank layers could be from the centre if they were on the left.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

For my intended purpose I could have done this show with 2 80’s. But being a new dealer and needing to show off the series a little to potential customers I thought having a 112 would be more impressive. I live in an area where there are not a lot of dig boards. Just a few Yamaha LS, few Presonus and Behringer. I think these might be the first A&H. I have many customers with very large analog boards and the psychological change is going to be drastic. Also in the heat of a 15hr live TV show I thought having more faders showing was important to get less confused..

I am planning a dig audio workshop/seminar sometime later. I think having both consoles and a QU will be a better show.

I still would love for A&H to address my old request from a month or so back regarding contrast. These console just don’t do well sitting down. The large iLive boards have the LCD strips at an angle which probably works well. Both the strip and the screen NEED a contrast adjust for sitting.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry, I did not answer your question…

I had already built the main stage on the 80 Demo I have and then after I got the editor going, I have re tweaked it many times offline. Basically all inputs on the left side, then vocals added to Bank 2 along with a few things from bank one on layer B of bank 2. Bank 3 has DCA’s labeled for each element, Vocals, Full Band, Drums, Keys, Guitars, etc. plus an IEM for control room powered speakers and a Main. Other layers are pretty stock. So that keeps all the master stuff on the right without having to put any inputs there. On the 80 setup I was getting rid of all the groups and Matrices and putting vocals on that layer to look like it does on the 112 now…I reverted from that now…

That is the main stage board. The second stage which is less inputs is on the 80 now along with MC RF mics, stereo audience pickup, Tote board audio(recorded tymp and crash from computer that runs tote board) several stereo track lines and audio from video playback from the TV truck. The 112 stereo out feeds 2 channels on the 80 also to mix in. I have one act with vocals on the 80 and band from the 112. The 112 is then a submixer to the 80. The 80 then feeds a rack with a TC finalizer and audio DA’s to send to various locations. We have done this show analog since I started with it in 1974. Obviously some big changes over the years. Up till last year I was doing the TV with a Mackie 32/8 as the master and second stage and a large Soundcraft 48 for the main stage. Last year we went to an M7CL/48 instead of the Soundcraft. I decided after becoming an A&H dealer I wanted to do this. We are renting 2 Avid SC48’s for stage monitors and FOH. Copper snakes from 3way split on stage to all consoles. FOH and TV mix are 250′ runs. This show is in a large performing arts center.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.