New GLD Replacement

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions New GLD Replacement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LBET LBET 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Any hints as to whether or not we’ll be seeing a new replacement for GLD, perhaps at Infocomm 2019? I’m holding off on an SQ because I’m hoping for a new GLD replacement soon. A 19″ frame size would be great too along with the larger frame sizes that are presently available.

GLD MkII wishlist: Additions/changes to what is presently available in the current model…
    – 96kHz
    – 64in, 32out
    – DEEP plugins w/dLive compressor models
    – Ducker
    – 6 layers per bank
    – DCA spills

The SQ is nice, but I don’t really care for the workflow as much, nor the high fader density compared to GLD/dLive. Personally I like the individual mix buttons per channel strip a lot better than the mix keys found on Qu/SQ.

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

+ 10 dot touchscreen

it would be great…. 🙂

Profile photo of Eelke
    Eelke
    Participant

Some things that pop in my mind:

– More buses, not necessarily with a physical output. I do not have sufficient buses for groups due to the large amount of stereo aux I need for IEM.
    – “Real” stereo input channels instead of ganging. With ganging I cannot perform simple panning of a keyboard unless I route the left and right input channels to a stereo group. Also the gain of the left and right input channels must be linkable.
    – Playlist and a shuffle function for the audio player. A simple music library function would also be welcome.
    – Headphone socket at the bottom right corner
    – More intuitive menu structure. For example: audio player is now in setup.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

I’m going to chime in with the following features.

– built in Audinate support please. Buying an M-Dante card is very costly.
    – native support for audio streaming over USB or firewire. Consoles costing have the price have this as a standard feature.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.