new DNA

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting new DNA

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dhuijberts dhuijberts 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dhuijberts
    dhuijberts
    Participant

Hi Allen & Heath,

Today I got my board back from repair, now my DNA is changed.

What must I do to get my plugins back

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@dhuijberts

Unfortunately it sounds like your distributor has not followed the correct process to have your add-ons transferred in the event of a mainboard change.
    Please contact us using https://support.allen-heath.com and let us know the email account used for the original purchase, the serial number and new DNA code and we’ll be able to get this sorted out for you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

dhuijberts
    Participant

Thanks for your fast answer

dhuijberts
    Participant

2 weeks past and still no solution, pretty bad

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Dennis,

I’ve just found your correspondence.
    So you had your unit repaired by Thomann and hardware was replaced without the repairer following the procedure to transfer your Add-ons.
    As Alex has explained, before we can transfer the add-ons, we need the faulty hardware to be returned or at the very least correctly logged for return.
    I hope you can understand that without this process, there would be a rather large hole in the system as anyone could say ‘I need my add-ons transferred to this new console’.
    You are correct that you should not need to send your unit back to Thomann again, which is why we have asked our distributor to find out what has happened to the faulty board.
    So the solution is clear, but I get that it’s frustrating having to wait with the console in your hands, all because of a mistake that was nothing to do with you.

As Alex said yesterday, we will be in touch as soon as we hear back.
    Thanks,
    Keith.

dhuijberts
    Participant

I appreciate the time and effort you put into solving it, I hope that the service partner will follow the procedure for other repairs, that will save you a lot of work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.