new AB168 audiorack

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions new AB168 audiorack

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

Just saw the new baby, i write here so the information will be usefull for everybody:
    -if using with GLD, can i use one AR2412, one AR84 and the AB168 alltoghether, placed in different places, and choose wich input and out to use? For example, using all 24 inputs from AR2412, 8 from AR84 and 16 fro AB168.
    -AB168 have a thru out: this mean i connect with a single cat5 the AR2412 and the AB168, and no matter wich is first?
    I mean, i have to place the AB on front stage and the AR2412 on back stage, so my connection will be GLD->AB168->AR241.
    -Are the pres the same ad AR stageboxes?

Thanks
    Luca

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Luca,

-AB168 have a thru out: this mean i connect with a single cat5 the AR2412 and the AB168, and no matter wich is first?
    I mean, i have to place the AB on front stage and the AR2412 on back stage, so my connection will be GLD->AB168->AR241.

No, you have to connect to the AR2412 first, then daisy-chain to the AB168 I’m afraid. This is due to the way channel allocation works on dSNAKE. As I posted on the Infocomm thread:

You can now assign as many as 24 in / 12 out from your main dSNAKE device i.e. the one directly connected to the GLD dSNAKE port, as well as up to 16 in / 8 out from your dSNAKE Expander (an AR84 or AB168 plugged into the Expander port of the main device, be it an AR2412 or AB168), AND up to 8 in / 4 out from the local Surface Expander. The I/O tabs reflect this arrangement.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

serious? Stagebox with handle without Neutrik PowerCon on Stage???

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

Ok, thanks Nicola, i didn’t see you post 🙂
    Are the pres the same as AR series?
    thanks!
    Luca

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.