Networking issues

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Networking issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bladeaudio
    bladeaudio
    Participant

I’m getting a “connection lost” message on the surface. (DM32, S5000) System has worked fine for two weeks with no network connection at the DM32, but the surface network connected. Connected the DM32 to the network – both surface and mixrack still set to their static IPs and after a few minutes of being connected the surface gives me the “connection lost” message.

I know there isn’t an IP conflict on the network because there are only a few other computers that are DHCP’d nowhere near the static IPs of the dLive.

Work around is to remove the network connection from the DM32, restart the system and everything stays connected.

V1.11

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi bladeaudio

It sounds like you are connecting both the rack and the surface to an existing network. The problem with this is that because the GigaACE connection between these two units also has a network connection, you are creating a network loop, which will lead to a broadcast storm that will overload the units involved.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of bladeaudio
    bladeaudio
    Participant

So, am I understanding correctly that the intended usage is that only one device is to be connected to the network? So for future desktop app/iPad app connections either one connected to the network (surface or mixrack) will suffice?

Thanks!

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Bladeaudio

The GigaACE connection already connects the mixrack and surface networks to each other, so by connecting to one unit, you are also connecting to the other. If you have an existing network, then you would only connect one of the units to it, but you could then use the other unit to extend this same network. For example, if you connect the mixrack to the network, you could then connect a laptop to the surface, and this laptop would be able to access your network.

Cheers

– Jeff, &AH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.