Network issues

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Network issues

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

Hello.

I am having issues sucessfully connecting my SQ5 to my router, a new Netgear RAX20.
    Neither static nor DHCP is working.
    The network connectivity LED on the back is glowing yellow, and my router LEDs signal a connection on the port the SQ is connected to.
    My routers admin page does not show the SQ5 in its list of wired devices.
    I have tried connecting a laptop to the router with the same cable on the same port as I did the SQ5, and the laptop successfully connects with both static and DHCP.
    I also tried connecting the SQ5 to a second router, and the issues are the same.

When attempting a DHCP-based connection I get the following settings, indicative of an unsuccessful connection:
    IP Address: 169.254.197.30(*)
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0(*)
    Gateway: 0.0.0.0(*)

I attempted a downgrade to v1.5.0 as well as a hard reset (HF + IN while powering on).

Any tips on other things to try before contacting support?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If the mixer is truly set to DHCP and the router is handing out address
    it should be plug and play.

Just to ask you are plugged into the network jack and not the S Link jack.

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

The SLink jack is already occupied with 2 x DX168. I’ve had the SQ5 for a year and a half, this is the first time I’ve had an issue.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Has it ever been connected to a network in the past?

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

Yes, I changed router a month ago, at that time everything was ok. Have a feeling this might have occurred when updating to 1.5.1 last week.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@bbr –

The ‘(*)’ and the assigned addresses imply that your unit has a self-assigned IP, which happens when it does not receive one from elsewhere (e.g. the router).
    If your router is definitely set up to provide an address, the simplest thing to try would be to switch to static then switch back to DHCP with the router connected.
    The SQ would then be looking for an address again.

There’s more info in the SQ-MixPad help about this which you can see by touching the ‘?’ in the ‘Choose Unit’ screen or by going to ‘Help’ from the top left menu.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

Hello Keith, thank you for your reply.

I have changed between static and DHCP multiple times using both routers, and on both versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.1, and before and after doing the hard reset.
    Both routers are giving correct IP settings to my laptop when connected to the same port with the same cable, meaning DHCP is working as it should on the routers.
    Static IP assignment should also work on these routers, but does not work for the SQ5.
    As I mentioned this used to work on the exact same router last time I tried, about a month ago.
    I also hooked it up to a third router, which I was using regularly in the past with the SQ5, and there was no network connection there either.

I suspect I need to get someone to take a look at it, unless there are other magic buttons to press to reset or get detailed diagnostics.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@bbr –

Your testing is sound, and unfortunately with that extra confirmation of doing everything correctly multiple times with software/firmware, it does point to something going on with the hardware.
    This could be something as simple as a bent pin in the socket, but may go deeper.
    Do check the socket, but otherwise please get in touch with your local distributor (https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/) who will be able to get this sorted for you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

Thank you for help, very much appreciated!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thank you for help, very much appreciated!

Did you get it up and running?

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

No, have to ship it to our local distributor on Monday!

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Do you start up the router and the mixer at the same time?

Booting time of the router 2 minutes, could this be the issue?

Already tried to first boot up the router and 2 minutes later the sq?

Richard

Profile photo of Simtasker
    Simtasker
    Participant

I am having the same issue different router. Not sure if it has anything to do with firmware update

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I am having the same issue different router. Not sure if it has anything to do with firmware update

Did anything change other than the mixer firmware update?
    New router, cables, router config, ect.

How is the network configuration set on the mixer, DHCP or Static?

Profile photo of bbr
    bbr
    Participant

Sorry, Ive forgotten to tell you how this story ended! I was just about to ship the mixer to the distributor, when someone said (I don’t know who, I was alone): “Test it once more!” And so I did, connecting everything exactly as the night before….and it worked. And has done since, with both MixPad and Mixing Station Pro. I am left with equipment in perfect order AND the uncertainty that this might happen again since we never found out what caused the problem.
    Greetings from rainy Western Norway!
    Bjørn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.