Need Help Solving this Mystery

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Need Help Solving this Mystery

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Korcraft Korcraft 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

It’s not a major mystery to me, but everyone else is completely confused and quite frankly annoyed at me because of the problem.

On the ME1, we can save our mix settings, groupings, channel selections, etc.

If the scene on the QU-32 Desk changes, the mappings on the ME-1 change with it, and the saved pre-set no longer matches what’s available from the QU-32.

It seems that if the ME1 is configured and the presets are saved, it doesn’t matter if the same QU-32 scene isn’t loaded.

How do we keep track of which QU-32 scene a given preset is based upon?

Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

The only way I can see this happening is if you have different ME routing selected on each scene.

For example: If you had Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3 all going to ME 1-5 respectively on scene 1 and then you set up your groups and layouts etc.
    Then if on scene 2 you have Kick going to ME w and Snare to channel 1, it will completely mess with the ME1 and it will likely have to resort to just assigning the buttons in order 1-40.

If I were you I would double check that your scenes all have the ME “outputs” or channels tied to the same inputs.

I am not 100% sure on this, but the I/O assignment shows all the input channels in order. So if on a second scene your input channels are all out of order on the mixer that might be causing the issue also. Either way it’s really the same problem.

I would think that it would follow inputs, but maybe there is a setting for that.

I would go to scene 1 and check your ME channel assignments and make note of them 1-40. Then go to Scene 2 and do the same thing and note any differences and correct them to match Scene 1. Then, go back to Scene 1, setup your ME1s and then go to Scene2 and see if it stays the same.

Good luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.