Need help sending FX to ME-1

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Need help sending FX to ME-1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nhnaz nhnaz 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nhnaz
    nhnaz
    Participant

I am trying to send FX1 to a key on the ME-1. In the monitor tab on the GLD112, I changed one of the 40 channels to use FX rather than the direct out default. The ME-1 key picked up the name from the GLD112, but I get no sound. I then tried LR and Aux1 and have the same problem. I am fine using the direct out of any of the input channels but if I try to send any of the outputs to the ME-1, I get no sound. I am sure there is something simple that I am missing, but I have not been able to resolve it on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Input direct outs can be pre-fader and pre mute, but this won’t be the case for mix outputs as you’re patching the actual output signal. Did you have the output masters turned up and unmuted?

Chris

Profile photo of nhnaz
    nhnaz
    Participant

Yes, in either case FX or LR, I have sound off the GLD in the house, but nothing on the assigned ME-1 key. Should it be as easy as going to the monitor screen and changing one of the 40 channels to LR? When it didn’t work, I thought there must be something in the routing I am not setting but I can’t figure out what that is. All my other ME-1 keys are using input direct outs and working like a charm. I just can’t get a single output to work.

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

This is how I have the FX routed to our ME-1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nhnaz
    nhnaz
    Participant

Thanks for the response. So I see you are sending an Aux 2 output and an FX output. This is exactly what I tried to do yet I get no sound on the ME-1. The ME-1 key picks up the name but there is no sound when I use any mix output. Based on the fact that this works for you, it isn’t likely to be a software version issue. Looks like I need to hear from allen & heath what could possibly be wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.