My wish list

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jensskov
    jensskov
    Participant

I have now been working on Avantis for some weeks and it’s a bit hard not to fall in love πŸ™‚
    As a spoiled kid, I now have a few things that would be nice to have (and some a bit annoying things too).

My list so far:
    – Custom rotaries can’t control fx parameters. I’d love to have reverb decay time and delay feedback on rotaries as I have on X/M32.
    – Android!? (Happy that we have MS)
    – Rec start/stop on one button (just give us macros πŸ™‚ )
    – A better way to have multiple apps on Custom Control
    – A/B-preview on eq etc.
    – A better gui with RTA overlay on Dyn8 (make the q-value visual).

I’d love to elaborate if needed.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

– Much more granular control of the scene “safe” filters. For example, you can’t safe just a bank of fader layers right now – it’s safe “all” or safe none. There are a LOT of other filters like this – with just an “all” option – and more granular control would be really nice.

– Touch screen functionality that allows you to change settings without having to use the encoder. It works like this on the Director software when used with a touchscreen – so it should work on the console too. The console’s screen is multi-touch (we know this because the routing tab can be set to require two concurrent presses to change something).

– Macros would be a huge addition (especially since the scene filter’s are not great as noted above).

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Another “safe” filter that is really annoying is the channel preamp/input settings. For example, I can’t safe all but one channel to be able to quickly load an alternative setup for that channel. I can safe all channels or not safe anything at all. That’s really limiting. There are lots of safe filters like this, but those are the two that constantly annoy me.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

For example, I can’t safe all but one channel to be able to quickly load an alternative setup for that channel.

I can do it. At least on Director.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I think my issue was really changing the input of a single channel. While it has been a while since I have tried it, it was impossible to safe the input routing of some inputs while allowing changes to other input routing.

Regardless, there are a decent amount of these parameters that don’t have granular safe control. All or none is not really that helpful in a lot of use cases.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.