My take on the Ilive series as they stand.

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions My take on the Ilive series as they stand.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of clarocque clarocque 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I have previously owned an Ilive rig ( T112 Surface & Idr32 Mixrack) I sold those units because I felt that the Ilive had become the forgotten child, And this was not just me, I have talked to many people, Including people on this forum that are selling their Ilive stock so that they do not lose their shirt on this supposed “Flagship” console from A & H, I know that A & H does not divulge information about their products in development.
    But I think that it is the beginning of the end for the Ilive, I have a Dealer friend that told me the same thing, As a matter of fact this Dealer sold me a new T112 & iDR32 for $5k for the pair just so they could cut their losses.

If you own an Ilive system, The writing is on the wall.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

a new iLive is in the making….

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I would have to say that I do not believe that.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I get the impression you want iLive firmware to be developed indefinitely, for free?

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I’m sure that A&H won’t stop production of one “flagship” until they have a replacement for it. Maybe this is why enhancements and upgrades have slowed down for the iLive: the team is busy working on the “next big thing”. Nonetheless, my T-112 will do everything it does now even if a new line comes out.

The reason I got my T-112/IDR-48 system is that it packed the most channels and DSP in a price I could (barely) afford. This system is a huge step beyond the X-32’s, Soundcraft Expressions and even Yamaha LS-9’s and M-7CL’s, even with features beyond an SC-48. If a new system comes out, I doubt I could afford it. Allen & Heath has done well with the “T” series packaging $30,000 technology into a $15,000 price tag. How is this gear holding you back? What doesn’t it do?

To me, the iLive series will be complete when we get the extra GLD EFX.

-Mark

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

To Mervaka, Nowhere in my post does it imply free firmware for life.. get with it Dude.

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

To Mark, Don’t get me wrong, I really like the system, That is why I bought it again, Especially getting a new $16,000 system for $5000.. all I am saying is that when a dealer tells me that it is the beginning of the end & sells me a new system for $5K just to cut their losses.. I tend to listen to them.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

So what does this writing on the wall say?

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Especially getting a new $16,000 system for $5000..

What a screamin’ deal! Does he have any more stock? I’m thinking about a T-80, IDR-16 and a pair of Waves V2 cards.

-Mark

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

To Mark, The last I heard they still had a T80 and an Idr 48

Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

It doesn’t mean that if a new ilive arrives, the old will be crap. It has been one of the best sounding console for the buck. Ok they’re not as popular then the Yamaha mc7l or LS 9 but sound way bettering have great ergonomics. A similar console from an other manufacturer would cost 1/3 rd more at least. I’ve been working a lot on avid digico yamahas and soundcraft. The ilive is still one of my favorite in handling. Don’t trash your board because there is a new one on its way. I recently did a gig on a soundcraft 400b. It’s a 30+ years old console and it made the job perfectly. The problem with the digital consoles is like computers, every one wants the latest and newest and fastest they can get, but in the end they’re just using word and excel the same way the did on the last slower and older device. The output is the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I have several iLives and not looking to dump them, nor am I looking for free upgrades (heck I paid $100 for an iPad app). However there is one key feature I would still love to see them add… fader spill. It is a little frustrating that the flagship series it not getting any attention anymore when so many users are requesting features. One of the bonuses of digital mixers is so much can be changed with firmware. Firmware/software upgrades are done all the time by manufacturers and even on old boards. I just wish A&H would develop a spill option and I suspect my iLives would stay on the road. Unless there is a nice upgrade offer via trade, I do not see myself investing in another iLive system. Too bad as I personally like them, but certainly there are other features on other boards that would improve iLive.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.