My idea – Win driver with Mackie Control support

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions My idea – Win driver with Mackie Control support

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rufrag Rufrag 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of slowhand73
    slowhand73
    Participant

I don’t no why, but have A&H a problem with win? Aren’t they able to make this real. So when this is the reality I never buy a A&H produkt again.

shame on you

Profile photo of slowhand73
    slowhand73
    Participant

here an answer from A&H-England.

That makes things more tricky, the QU MIDI is NRPN messages which is more difficult to configure. The DAW control app for Mac translates the NRPN messages to HUI/Mackie Control but we don’t offer this level of support for Windows based systems.

If Cubase doesn’t support NRPN then something like Bomes to translate in to a more friendly protocol might be an option but it’s not something we offer directly unfortunately.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You might just as well be mad at Microsoft. Dump the PC and get a Mac. Or look at the solution that AH did mention.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

agree
    I love windows
    but time is short.
    I use all 3 PC MAC & Ubuntu
    I tried the 3rd party convertor and thought na. just another bit of something to fail at the wrong time when you arew under pressure.
    Keep it simple
    dhakNZ

Profile photo of dinodrew
    dinodrew
    Participant

did you try BOME? I run a Windows box and am still without a QU-16 for the studio…
    has any got the QU-16 to work as DAW Controller on Windows using BOME or something else?

Profile photo of Sulimma
    Sulimma
    Participant

+1 WIndows DAW control
    I must say, it was a big dissapointement and totally unexpected to find out that DAW controll is MAC only.
    I bought a digital mixer for 2000,- EUR, and allen&heath dont spent half a day to adapt their HUI script for windows???
    would have bought behringer if I would have known this bevore…

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Half a day? Porting native software between platforms doesn’t take half a day. Again, have you even looked at BOME yet?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Half a day – if you can do it half a day then feel free, oh, and field all the support calls after testing on all versions of windows…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

well you can use the QU 16 and 24 to run Windows 7. I did it and didnt use Bohm.
    I midi mapped all channels , thats: faders, Mutes, PFL,channel select and stop start.
    It works.
    It is not bidirectional but it works!
    I may even have a windows template (FOR REAPER) somewhere for the QU16 and a channel map.
    However I choose to use MAC.
    I was always a windows user.
    Learn t windows from early days of 95.
    But I choose Mac.

Profile photo of Rufrag
    Rufrag
    Participant

+1 from me. Win driver with Mackie Control support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.