MutiRack-Support: Setting Insert-Point, MIDI-Commands

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions MutiRack-Support: Setting Insert-Point, MIDI-Commands

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pit Lenz Pit Lenz 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

I’m using Waves MultiRack with DANTE. For this the following features would be very nice:

* Give a chance to define the insert point of external equipment (Like a MultiRack-Rack). AFAIK it is only possible direct after the gate. More selectable insert points would be nice.

* Also it would be helpfull to route an internal FX-Bus through external hardware. That way it would be easily possible to replace internal FXs with external FXs. My problem is, that i programmed some Scenes. I set the send-level of the channels. If i use a MR-Effekt, i have to re programm all scenes. I can not route the send-channels through the externel IR-Live-Reverb for example.

* I don’t know if it is already implemented. But if not: Send a MIDI-Signal if a select-Button is pressed on the surface. That would give MultiRack the possibility to open the inserted Rack on the MultiRack-Window.

* Defining channels from an Option-Card Input would be great. In the moment i can “only” define 48 input channels and give them a Option-Card input. But the option card has 64 inputs, and the GLD “only” 48 channels.

These all are features far away from “must have”. The GLD is great. You did a great job.

Thx.
    Carsten

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Hi Casigoreng,
    As you can see on the signal flow chart on page 7 of the user manual, you can select seven different insert point positions. This goes the same for all inputs .

If you choose a delay with minimum delay time ( I think it’s 3ms) on an internal FX, you can route the FX’s output to any port, including the I/Os. Send that to your IR -Live.
    Only thing is that you can not return that on your internal FX returns but you have to patch it to regular channels. That works, but you loose inputs with that.

As a multirack user I am absolutely with you on that MIDI request, but to my knowledge that would only work for eight channels, as there are only eight hotkeys to assign in MR, right?

Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

I studied the Manual. As far as i understand (Page 9) i can select the option for AUX-Mixes an a global direct out position. The insert is always between gate and PEQ. So an external compressor is always before the PEQ and a external EQ is alway before the internal Compressor.

The minimal Delay is a good idea. But it is a Trick or work around. But not a real solution. It is OK for effects like Delay or Hall. But for Subharmonic…

The MIDI command mus be interpreted by MultiRack. In Version 9 it is not implemented. But that should be very easy for Waves to implement. It would be very great if i select a channel on the GLD and the MultiRack opens the same rack.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Casigoreng,
    you are right of course about the insert`s position, my mistake.
    I mixed that up with the direct out position, which can be changed like the auxes.
    We used that feature to feed Dugan`s automixer sends from the direct outs instead of the insert sends. We could then switch the Outs to follow mute.

I a recent show we have nine headsets that were not always on stage, and could easily mute their feed to Dugan with that Output. So the Headsets offstage would not duck those onstage. Worked wery well for us.

And yes, to feed a LoAir I can feel a little latency, too. I went back to the internal subharmonic FX, which is not too bad either…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.