Mutes and assigns not fully effective (GLD80)

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Mutes and assigns not fully effective (GLD80)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brent Brent 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brent
    Brent
    Participant

So after years of problem-free use, I’ve started having a problem where muted and/or unassigned channels (both individually, DCA Muted, and both) will bleed into aux feeds, even with the sends at 0. Two examples: playback was muted but not stopped, and was heard in monitors, and response mics fed ONLY to ST3 post and unassigned from LR fed back and at -inf in all monitor feeds would start to feed back when a DCA fader assigned only to those inputs was pushed to higher levels.

I have tried unassign/reassign to everything I can find that might affect it, and resetting fader positions.

This show has been saved and recalled a number of times. It’s quite complicated and well tuned otherwise, would really not like to have to rebuild it, especially if the problem is elsewhere. Is it most likely a corruption somewhere or is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Could it be leaking from another source such as an FX return?

Profile photo of Brent
    Brent
    Participant

I think I’ve pretty well eliminated that as far as sends levels go, but even so, the mutes should kill it everywhere. The fact that I’m getting leaks on a channel with it muted is the most concerning.

As for the leaks from the unassigned channels, they’re not routed to any auxes connected to speakers.

Profile photo of Brent
    Brent
    Participant

Ok, So I found it. Audio was looping through the video system and making it to the projectors. Culprit was a Windows sound output assigned incorrectly in a video PC. Due to the complex routing and with the way volumes were set, the problem was mostly hidden until a couple of things happened to specifically highlight it, and obviously only heard on the stage due to the low levels and projector placement.

So… yeah. That happened.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.