Mute multiple Channels?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mute multiple Channels?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mgb
    mgb
    Participant

Hi,

we want to Mute multiple Channels with a SoftKey, but we do not want to use a MuteGroup because the flashing is confusing us… So is it possible to do that without a MuteGroup?

Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

+1 for menu option to flash or no flash.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

mgb: Why would you want the exact function of a mute group just without a mute group because of the flashing? Wish for the ability to disable the flashing for mute groups instead. Or just learn to live with it.

Profile photo of mgb
    mgb
    Participant

@jens-droessler
    you are correct. I want a MuteGroup without flashing. But to shut off the flashing it needs firmware-change. So my Question is if it give another way to this without a MuteGroup with the actual firmware.
    If Not i hope it will be a feature in the next firmware 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

of course it will not be included in the next firmware…
    the flashing indicates that the channels are muted with a mute group… so it was the intention

to mute more than one channel at a time without a mute group,
    use more than one finger and press the channel mutes at the same time…
    unfortunatly the amout of channels mutable in this way is limited to 10 per person

Profile photo of mgb
    mgb
    Participant

thanks…

Profile photo of Snack Pack
    Snack Pack
    Participant

I may be wrong but I believe this could be accomplished by creating a duplicate scene with the desired channels muted on the duplicated scene. Then you could simply assign each scene to a soft key and switch between scenes as needed (ie. Scene 1 as main scene and scene 2 as muted scene). The down side to this would be any live mix level adjustments made to scene 1 wouldn’t follow over to scene 2. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Snack Pack
    Snack Pack
    Participant

Just another thought on this. I am not familiar with the channel safe feature but if you were to utilize the channel safe feature on all non-muted channels when creating the duplicate “mute” scene then I believe any live mix adjustments made on scene 1 would carry over into the muted scene. If this works it would allow switching “on the fly” during a live production without any audible changes.

Profile photo of mgb
    mgb
    Participant

Hi Snack Pack, thank your for your good idea, i will test if that will work!

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

I forget if DCA causes flashing when muted/turned off. But try that?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.