Mute FOH without muting monitors?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mute FOH without muting monitors?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Ashelby
    Mike Ashelby
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Sorry to re-open this lengthy thread, but I’m trying to achieve the same thing. Here’s my use case:

Functions band with recorded music being provided between live sets. We use the stereo ins to play the music. Mute group 1 mutes all the band channels, but not the background music. The band are all on in ears.

Before set 1, back ground music is playing, the band tune up, and everyone check their channels are working by playing a little bit and hearing it back in their ears… except with the QU-Pac, the ears are muted by the mute group.

Yes, there are might be hacks to get around this, but an option to have the FOH mute not affect the aux mutes seems pretty basic to me (we had it on our old Mackie DL-1608).

Does anyone have a good way to do this yet? I’m on a gig tonight, so will try the direct out settings, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the one we need.

Cheers,

Mike

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Mike,

Are your IEM aux sends pre-fader? If so, put all your band channels on a DCA and pull the fader down.

DC

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Or route the band through a group, the classic approach.
    Mute on the Qu always mutes the complete channel with all its feeds.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuPAC – groups are Ar the obvious solution. Mutes are usually complete IME, and for them not to be would offer all sorts of interesting failure modes…

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.