Mute Button Functionality for Group/Aux Contributions

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mute Button Functionality for Group/Aux Contributions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of howlingwolf487
    howlingwolf487
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround to this or if I’m missing something:

When I am viewing an Aux or Group, I would like the function of the MUTE button to turn On/Off a channel’s contribution to the Mix Send (see attached pic) and not mute the channel itself.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Groups don’t work that way, DCAs do.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround to this or if I’m missing something:

yes you are missing something

read the quick start guide to get familiar with the basic working principles of the console
    there are a lot of well thought workflow techniques implemented
    and knowing them will really speed up workflow
    and some of them are available on all A&H digital consoles

howlingwolf487
    Participant

[Y]es you are missing something…

Ok, so from the Quickstart Guide it looks like pressing and holding Assign while in a mix and choosing Select will achieve my goal.

Seems like an extra button press to me, but manufacturers do things differently.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Ok, so from the Quickstart Guide it looks like pressing and holding Assign while in a mix and choosing Select will achieve my goal.

yes, right
    and press the select of the mix master strip switches the whole mix
    same for pre/post switching

you have the Copy/Paste/Reset switches on the left right under the Assign and Pre buttons and these work in the same way

Seems like an extra button press to me, but manufacturers do things differently.

this has the advantage that you can still mute, select or PAFL the channel if you need and you can stay in that mix as long as needed without to cut funktionality out
    and it keeps the workflow close on all consoles of the range

on dLive you can assign the mixes to the encoders and you have the faders still available for the channel volume
    all other funktions stay the same as on the SQ

and btw wich manufacturer does this with the mute buttons?

howlingwolf487
    Participant

I can understand how it might be helpful to be able to mute the channel while still viewing a Mix’s contributions.

Soundcraft’s Expression and Impact consoles have this function, maybe the Vi series does as well, not sure. On the Expression, it’s possible to place a mix on the rotary encoders above each channel by pressing ALT+Mix #; I believe it will stay that way even when you switch layers, but it’s been a while since I’ve had my hands on one.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Yamaha and Behringer to name at least two manufacturers. Ok, on Yamaha consoles you don’t do it with the mute buttons since these consoles do not have mute button at all, but you do it with the ON button which has in principle the same function.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.