Musical Theater QU

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Musical Theater QU

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaveJr DaveJr 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveJr
    DaveJr
    Participant

All,

New to the group, thanks for any input/guidance you can provide.

Using my QU-32 for in a musical theater application, have been learning all about scenes, filters and softkeys. However, I think (after the result of tonight’s rehearsal) that I have created a Monster. My goal is/was to create a master scene (scene 1) and use this to record all the processing/gain and routing. then, simply use scenes during the show to bring channels up/dn as needed. I have set Per Scene Filters to only allow input and mix 1 fader/pan controls (all other metrics are blocked)(per page 58 of the manual).

As I mentioned, I have created a monster as I learn here and am running into scenes with old pan settings or gain, hence the mess. I’m planning to start from scratch and reprogram the show (only 50 scenes give or take) but am interested in any advice or suggestions.

DaveJr

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Are you using scene filters or global safes?

It might be worth loading scene 1, then setting the global safes – yoi should then be able to toggle through all the scenes and resave them all with the scene1 ‘background’

I think

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Bob is correct. Setting Global Safes is the best way to prevent this issue. Make sure you are only changing fader positions.

Profile photo of DaveJr
    DaveJr
    Participant

Yep, you guys where spot on. Was able to get things updated with Global Safes and now have clean recalls. So much easier.

Thanks a ton!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.