Multitracks QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Multitracks QU-SB

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dart Dart 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Babastone
    Babastone
    Participant

Bonjour,
    Avec mon groupe je veux enregistrer en multipistes les pistes numéro 1 à 12. Quand je copie ma session sur le pc, j’ai les pistes de 1 à 18 sur ma clef usb.
    Comment enregistrer seulement les pistes 1 à 12 sur ma clef ?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Babastone
    you said:

Hello,
    With my band I want to multitrack tracks number 1 to 12. When I copy my session to the pc, I have tracks 1 to 18 on my usb key.
    How do I record only tracks 1 to 12 on my key?

Do not assign any tracks to 13++ and you will only get 1-12 although you may see others that are empty.
    Be sure you do assign 1-12 !

Babastone
    Participant

Voici comment je fais. il y a t’il une mauvaise manipulation de ma part? Car j’ai 18 pistes enregistré à chaque fois.

Babastone
    Participant

Voici comment je fais. il y a t’il une mauvaise manipulation de ma part? Car j’ai 18 pistes enregistré à chaque fois.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    volounteer
    Participant

je ne parle pas français
    veuillez utiliser l’anglais pour que les autres puissent comprendre et aider aussi

veuillez utiliser google translate si vous avez besoin d’aide

volounteer
    Participant

vous obtenez toujours 18 canaux
    les vôtres ont entre 1 et 12 ans
    ignorer 13-18

Babastone
    Participant

Here’s how I do it. Is there any mishandling on my part? Because I have 18 tracks recorded each time.

Attachments:
    volounteer
    Participant

Visit the technical support page at: https://www.allen-heath.com/support where you can check the Knowledge Base
    or
    submit a ticket to the Support team.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

QU Drive will always record 18 tracks regardless if anything is actually using those channels, so in your case you will have tracks 1-12 containing data but although tracks 13-18 will still show up, they won’t contain any data.

So you’re doing nothing wrong and there isn’t anything wrong with your desk.

volounteer
    Participant

@Lee7
    he didnt get it when I told him that in his French
    vous obtenez toujours 18 canaux
    les vôtres ont entre 1 et 12 ans
    ignorer 13-18

Maybe you can convince him this time

Profile photo of Dart
    Dart
    Participant

Hello I am working with Qu-Sb and do sometimes multitrack recording.
    Qu Drive allows to record 18 tracks but these tracks are 16 + 17/18 that correspond to the LR, right?
    If I assign in the I/O patch USB my ST in 1 to the track 17/18, I don’t have my ST in 1 in my multitrack files…
    Is there a tip to really record 18 TRACKS WITHOUT THE LR ?
    It’s really important for me to do so. With my band we use the 16 XLR inputs + the ST in 1 in live and rehearsals…
    Thank you.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@dart

You can patch any Input Channel Insert Send or Direct Out, any Mix out or even PAFL to any USB channels.
    This ‘USB Audio’ output patching is shared by Qu-Drive and USB-B (with more USB channels available on USB-B).
    To change the patching in Qu-Pad:

1. Go to the ‘IO Patch > USB Audio’ screen
    2. Choose the ‘CH/ST/grp source’ – this is either Insert Sends or Direct Outs, the second of which takes signal from the source point in the channel set in the ‘Direct Out Global Settings’, which itself is accessed by touching the little arrow in the ‘Processing > Preamp’ screen when viewing any input channel.
    3. Now simply touch in the patching matrix to patch any of the Qu channels at the top to any of the USB Audio channels on the left

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Dart
    Dart
    Participant

We go on talking about it here okay? This is your your more detailed answer. Thank you again for your help Keith!

English is not my basic language so I have to translate a little your technical answer.

If I understand well, you advise me to work in “direct outs” mode and to take the source of any track just after the preamp, right? (post preamp to be correct) ?

In this case, I will be able to assign the stereo in 1 from the Qu-Sb to the 17/18 channels of my multitrack recording, that right?

Profile photo of Dart
    Dart
    Participant

So, I just plug my iphone in the ST in 1.

Then I selected « direct outs » in the I/O usb patch… And I chose « post preamp » in the direct out preamp section of the individual tracks.

Finally I plugged an USB key in the Qu-SB and checked the multitrack Panel with a mic on channel 1.

The result is not what I expected : nothing on 17-18 tracks. But I get the sound of my mic on channel 1 and see the meter of ST in 1 moving in the main inputs panel.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

When you play back, your ST1 recording will show up on channels 17/18 (where they were recorded to). Make sure you have channels 17/18 set to receive from usb for playback.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.