Multitrackrecording + Stereo Main L/R on SQ Drive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Multitrackrecording + Stereo Main L/R on SQ Drive

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Some1else Some1else 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Some1else
    Some1else
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have a problem understanding the recording of the main L/R channels via SQ Drive.

I record my channels 1-8 directly as Mutitrack on the SQ Drive via the Tielines. All channels are recorded clean and dry as desired.

But I would also like to record my wet/processed signal as I send it out to the PA, that means including my 3 Delayed channels for the guitars and 4 effect Channels, at the same time.

For this purpose, I have selected both Main channels (i.e. L/R) in the I/O Mix Output menu, for the SQ Drive Recording.

The Main L/R channels are recorded as track 31 and 32 in the multitrack folder simultaneously with my 8 other Channels. However, the the 2 signals from the MainLR were being recorded completely dry without any of my effects or hearing my 3 delayed channels for the guitars.

Anyone having an idea what I’m doing wrong here? Can the wet signal to the PA only be recorded when choosing Stereo Recording?

Kind regards Andy

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Are you actually using the L/R outs to drive the pa? Are the effects coming out of the pa? This has to be a routing issue. There’s no way to strip effects out of a send once they’re in there.

Some1else
    Participant

Hi nottooloud, yes the Main L/R signals are driving the PA and the sound on the PA is wet and can be heard processed with all effects and delayed channels as I want to. And that is what I want to get recorded in parallel with my 8 other dry Input channels

nottooloud
    Participant

I think you must not be taking the USB feed from where you think you are. Somehow you’re taking a buss that doesn’t included the FX.

I’m also puzzled by your mention of tielines. You should be using the channel direct outs.

Some1else
    Participant

Hi nottooloud,

So you guess Ím doing something wrong in my recording on SQ Drive? See attached pics how I route my signals to SQ Drive.
    I want to record my Channels 1-8 dry. Thats why I use TieLines. Recording works properly.

I also want to record the wet signal as I send it to the PA. Therefore I send the Main L/S also to USB.

How would you solve it?

Some1else
    Participant

Pics

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nottooloud
    Participant

That looks correct. You’re sure your PA output is also patched from MainLR L & R? Not from a matrix or something?

Typical channel record feed is from IP Direct outputs. Same result, but you don’t have to reset it if you change input patches, or switch to locals instead of a stagebox.

Some1else
    Participant

Yes PA is patched from Main L/R output. I am not working Matrix, Thanx for the hint with IP Direct outputs, will try it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.