Multitracking in Logic through Dante

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multitracking in Logic through Dante

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JAK JAK 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JAK
    JAK
    Participant

Greetings. I am using a dLive C3500 and am routing a number of channels through Dante (I/O Port 4 on my surface, not mixrack) to Logic on my iMac and am having a challenge getting a robust signal. We can see everything, there is signal coming through for each channel but the signal coming through is weak. If I am correct, the signal is post-fader (it mutes with the mute, gain intensifies sensitivity, fades with the fader, etc…) and I am wondering if I can make it pre-fader?

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what is the goal of the recording?

You have several options to set the tap point…
    normally I would suggest tie lines (I/O screen 3rd tab, most used for live show recordings)
    but if you prefer to keep the control with the fader and the mutes
    you can set your global direct out tap point in the routing screen of any input channel (top)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JAK
    JAK
    Participant

Thanks, SteffenR, I really appreciate it! I am currently patching the output at the output screen rather than through tie-lines and will make that change. As for the goal of our recording, we are recording an orchestra (socially distanced, etc…) and want to mix the recorded channels in post to get a better outcome. It’s a high school orchestra so there are some level conflicts at the sources. For example, we are hoping to bring the flutes more forward in the mix, etc… THanks!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If you waant mix channels in post, then you want your sends to be from either the tie lines or the channel direct outs BEFORE any processing, so that no processing is recorded.

The quickest solution would be to use the “Virtual Sound Check” feature. It would allow a simple 1 to 1 option for recording, and then playback for post production tweaking.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

on the other hand the “direct out level” is used for direct out tab points and you can attach the parameter to the encoders…

Profile photo of JAK
    JAK
    Participant

Thank you, I really appreciate the help! We have robust waveforms now, things are going very well with this session.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.