Multitrack recording on USB port2

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Multitrack recording on USB port2

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lithiumfun lithiumfun 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JayK
    JayK
    Participant

Multitrack recording on USB port2

This is possible at the lower priced QU16!!!
    Can this be done on the GLD80 & GLD112?

Jay

Profile photo of Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing. That feature would be a great asset for my applications.

Kenny

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Is it a hardware limitation that prevents the gld having multitrack USB recording or streaming to a computer as on the QU? Or is it that there is some upper bound on the number which is deemed ok for QU but would appear to be an unacceptable limitation on the GLD? Eg would say a max of 16 or 24 be possible, but not the full complement of channels.

I.e is support for this something that could potentially come in a future software update, or is it forever impossible. 16 channels would be really handy for the occasional multitrack recording, especially since the alternative of Dante is quite expensive for casual use, and the normal analogue alternative of plugging a multichannel sound card into the direct outs is not feasible without using up nearly all the outs.

Just curious.

What’s the situation A&H?

Profile photo of S-L
    S-L
    Participant

At this moment in time in my opinion it is a real disadvantage in comparison with the QU. It was really great to have that function with the next firmware update.

I agree with MikeShand that 16 or 24 channels were O.K.

Thanks, A&H! 🙂

Profile photo of S-L
    S-L
    Participant

Forgot one thing: Next to multitrack recording I also wish to have multitrack playback using the USB port, of course. Would be great for instruction and exercising of new lay users.

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

I can see it being useful as an expansion card. I assume you guys all know that Dante will let you do that, up to 64 channels, and much much more. It is a rather expensive option, I must admit, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.