Multitrack Recording in sq6 from slink.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Multitrack Recording in sq6 from slink.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nudgy Nudgy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

Guys, i need your help. We are trying to do multi track recording from a Sq6 console.. all our instruments and vox from the stage are connected via slink.. what we need todo to route all this channels to the 32×32 usb B or sqdrive recording?
    First timer here..
    what we all know from knowledge based that we use the tie lines..we tried but no success.. can someone give detailed instructions? Appreciate your help

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, too less information.
    To narrow down the possibilities you should tell us what you tried so far, why i failed and which sources of knowledge you have used. (Manual, videos, articles …)
    Furthermore you should also tell us which DAW you are using on which operating system. Also your DAW setup is from interrest.

Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

As of now. We are recording from SQ drive using the Main LR mix.. we plug SSD drive in the console.. we want to record the multitrack on the console so We tried to bring other channels like vox 1 2 3. Guitar. Bass. Drums..etc.. but whenever we patch it to the USB we loosed the sound on the Master..

However. In multitrack.we only get..
    Channel 1. MAIN L
    Channel 2. MAIN R
    ….
    Channel 8. Local input (mic)

We have Adobe Audition for DAW. But not yet used since all the channels still missing.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but whenever we patch it to the USB we loosed the sound on the Master..

that indicates that you are not patching tie lines

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

or you are patching USB to USB or something similiar

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

@Aries are you trying to record the Master/Main to the SSD (SQDrive) and multitrack on the computer? This is not possible with the SQ. Either SQdrive or USB B, you have to choose.
    But you can setup the usb out routing to record, for instance, input 1 to 30 on USB channel 1-30 and Main LR to USB channel 31-32.

Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

Thanks to your reply. We will try all this and update you guys..

Have you guys tried to record multitrack in SQ6 console? How did you do it? Can you make quick list of the procedure? Let say from start…

Appreciate your help.. thanks a lot.

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

Look at the picture I sent.

Step 1: I/O Patch
    Step 2: Outputs
    Step 3: IP Direct outs (on the left)
    Step 4: USB (on the top)
    Step 5: Patch (this will send a direct output of whatever is going to the input channel)
    Step 6: Routing Tab
    Step 7: There should be a button that says direct out
    Step 8: You can choose the direct out settings and where the source is from

P.S the board comes with a manual (:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys for your helpful replies.. i will test all this info of yours.. appreciate your help..

@nudgy, i think this is what i need… i will keep you posted.. We do our recording every thursday for online Worship Service. and the venue and equipments are rented place.

🙂

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@aries

if you are renting venue and equipment I would ask them for help using it

Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

@volounteer, yeah agreed.. but the sound guy.. he also haven’t tried it before.. weird, right?

Profile photo of Aries
    Aries
    Participant

Hey @nudgy. , It works.. Thanks a lot :-). We can record now multitrack from slink using Audition..

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

yay! I used to use Tracks Live but macOS Catalina broke it; so I went to reaper.

-Adam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.