Multitrack playback position slider not scaled

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Multitrack playback position slider not scaled

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have recorded a multitrack to a harddrive using SQdrive and am playing it back through the mixer to review the recording / do virtual soundcheck.. it is a pretty long show recording.

The Multitrack playback allows me to select a position in the file for the playback head BUT that slider only allows me to select a position in the first 5min or so of my file before it hits the end of its range. My file is a couple of hours long so there is no way to skip to the middle.

Is it just my set up or is this a known issue?
    Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@WaihekeSoundie

This is not a known issue so it would be great if you could send us more details using support.allen-heath.com so we can look into it further.
    SQ-Drive uses the size of the file to work out the timings and playback positioning, so it sounds as though it could be reading the size of the file/s incorrectly.

Please let us know the make and model of USB storage device you’re using, whether all the files in the multitrack folder show as the same size on a computer as they should (and what size that is), whether there are any other files in that folder and how long (roughly) the recording is/should be.

Thanks,
    Keith.

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Ok- have just now raised a ticket.
    Thanks Keith
    Andy

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Turns out that you can’t view files longer than 1 hr or so – Devs are working on a fix
    apparently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.