Multiple Talkback Mics

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multiple Talkback Mics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Hi All,

Does anyone else handle multiple talkback mics? from what i can see in 1.8, we can send a talkback to multiple groups but still can only select a single input socket as the talkback source. What i would like to do is have a number of mics available as talkback (ideally assign each to a softkey for push to talk). i could think that some funky routing could get these into an aux or a dry effects channel then route that as the talkback input, along with a mute assigned softkey for each mic input; but this seems overly complicated. Any other thoughts out there?

thanks

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You could use some of your input channels, then route each of those channels to the group of Auxes that you want them to work with. Then bring up their levels, and setup “Mute” assignments on the softkeys and “Invert” the LED so that it is off when not in use, and lit green when active. These channels once set, wouldn’t even really need to be assigned to any strips on the surface.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think each surface (including the iPad apps) should have it’s OWN talkback channel, just like they can have their own PAFL!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

i would argue for a talkback matrix that would allow you to freely route different talk inputs to outputs.
    That would be an exciting thing, with which you could also realize talkback systems for the musicians.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Exactly!

In an era where more and more musicians are mixing their own monitors with an iPhone or iPad, adding in talkback groups and individual TB channels, as well as PAFL functions for each musician is what is needed. A&H could lead the pack, and are very close to having this, with just a little more tweaking of their software.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.