Multiple surfaces with MIDI TCP/IP

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multiple surfaces with MIDI TCP/IP

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mattatooi
    Mattatooi
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to connect multiple surfaces to 1x laptop to send MIDI over TCP/IP from laptop to the multiple consoles on one ethernet port via a switch ?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it is possible to connect multiple surfaces via GigaACE, but you will need an extra card for every surface

Mattatooi
    Participant

Specific setup is, 1x dLive with cdm48 and 1x Avantis using the gigace card.

My question is regards to sending MIDI to both consoles from 1 laptop with TCP/IP. Is this possible and if so how? Because in the DAW control software you have to assign IP of the desk, and I am not sure how I could have 2 consoles on the same network with same IP addresses.

So I am thinking this is not possible, but I am unsure. I want to send MIDI commands to both consoles from a laptop on stage.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

If you actually have multiple consoles (ie multiple mixracks with or without surfaces) and they’re plugged into the same network then yes you can talk to all from one laptop although I’m not quite sure how you’d selectively route the MIDI to each mixrack.
    If you’re in multi surface mode and have only 1 mixrack in the equation then you only have 1 console anyway so aim your MIDI at the mixrack and have at it.

SteffenR
    Participant

use an ethernet switch to connect the control networks ports together
    use unique IP addresses in the same subnet and you can send MIDI to all devices in the same network

how this is done defines your software U R using for the MIDI commands

Mattatooi
    Participant

So in the DAW control application in the IP I need to put the IP of the switch? I have my doubts that will work. You have to use the DAW control app to talk to the desk. Do not have desks infront of me right now, but will at weekend.

SteffenR
    Participant

if you are using DAW control app you will be limited to one System

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.