multiple mixracks one surface?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions multiple mixracks one surface?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

IS THIS POSSIBLE WITH DLIVE? to add inputs…..

ILYA

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

No, not in the way it was with iLive.
    Connecting Mixracks together is of course possible using any of the digital I/O cards but they remain separate consoles so you need to manage them separately using a surface or Director instance per Mixrack.

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

It would be much cheeper to do this with any of the DX racks vs buying another Mix Rack. Total I/O count on dlive is really large.

Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

I do have a giga ace card…could do multiple surfaces to one rack….thought the other way around was possible..

Thanks

I

Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

and 2 idr 32 and surfaces…..

Ilya

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I wish you could do this. It’d be great if you could to tweak the monitors from FOH, or FOH from broadcast, etc.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I wish you could do this. It’d be great if you could to tweak the monitors from FOH, or FOH from broadcast, etc.

You have no clue what you are talking about?

Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

It’s unfortunate that every forum must have a “SteffenR” type .wayyy too many posts in my opinion.

useless and with a total lack of decorum…..perhaps a language thing?…

Ilya

SteffenR
    Participant

Thanks… nice
    but how is the post from Dave related to your question?
    It is already possible to control monitors from FOH and vice versa… so senseless post

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Do you require more than 128 channels being mixed at once? Or do you only need more input sockets available? If only more sockets, then adding a GX4816, DX or DT boxes would do the trick.

Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

Do you require more than 128 channels being mixed at once? Or do you only need more input sockets available? If only more sockets, then adding a GX4816, DX or DT boxes would do the trick.

I have 2 x dlive idr32 that’s why I asked the question…I don’t want to buy more equipment, just wanted to know if this was possible as in older Ilive….

Thx

I

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I have 2 x dlive idr32 that’s why I asked the question…I don’t want to buy more equipment, just wanted to know if this was possible as in older Ilive….

Ah, now we get the real question.

Using iDRs with Dlive is something that has been discussed before and it is possible using GigaAce connections. Just be aware that you will not have preamp gain control of the iDRs on the DLive surfaces. You will need to use software connected to the iDR to control that. https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/dlive-with-idr-and-xdr

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

I have 2 x dlive idr32

Don’t think Ilya means idr32, based on the original question I think they’re DM32s.
    The only reason I brought up iLive is that you could link 2 mixracks on that system using the second one as a kind of expander.
    With dLive that’s not currently possible, and likely never will be.

SteffenR
    Participant

We had the real question from the beginning and it was answered already…
    In the early days of the dLive there was mentioned that it could be made possible in the future
    but I guess that there is no real need for it anymore, since the dLive system can handle over 500 input sockets already.

But… you can send tie lines from one dLive rack to another so it would be possible to use the input sockets of one rack as the inputs of the other one
    nevertheless the control of the preamps would only be possible with another surface or Director.

Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

Don’t think Ilya means idr32, based on the original question I think they’re DM32s.

I stand corrected yes dm 32 ..and i also have 2 idr…so 2 ilives and 2 dm..with surfaces…

Using iDRs with Dlive is something that has been discussed before and it is possible using GigaAce connections. Just be aware that you will not have preamp gain control of the iDRs on the DLive surfaces. You will need to use software connected to the iDR to control that. https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/dlive-with-idr-and-xdr

Thank you Brian..I id not know we could mix mixracks…..

I

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.