Multiple iPads (for individual monitor mixes)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Multiple iPads (for individual monitor mixes)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

https://itunes.apple.com/app/qu-you/id935278018

Fair enough, but its NOT on the app store directly from an iPhone or iPad.
    When will it be please?

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

i think it IS the same, wait a few minutes/hour for an update… it should refresh soon…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The wheel of the apple store grind slowly, and to the tune of apple – noone else.

Give it a few weeks and they*’ll catch up…

*They – Apple…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I believe it’s propagating through the Store. If you follow the link above and click ‘View in iTunes’ you should be able to download the app and sync with your device.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The link works for me on ipad.

As for the F5 brigade, give it a break already!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Already love the Qu-You, great addition!
    For “real use” I somehow wish to enable/disable specific mix buses for Qu-You usage, just to ensure they’re not tweaking mixes (accidentially, of course) not intended for monitoring (i.e. a mix bus used for external FX gear, works great btw.).

Profile photo of Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Participant

I’m also having trouble finding the qu-you software on the app store from my iphone.

coffee_king
    Participant

Theres only two ways of doing getting it right now.
    Easiest way is to be signed into the A&H forum on your iphone/iPad and follow this link below

https://itunes.apple.com/app/qu-you/id935278018

The other is to get it on iTunes on your mac/PC and transfer it.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

As for the F5 brigade, give it a break already!

some of us are overexcited…. This feature was on my “gamble” list when I bought the mixer…

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

The wheel does not work if the faders were -Inf.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

They do, but very slowly (and maybe only if they got taken there by the app)

It also stops going up if any fader hits +10 (preserving the mix relationship) it would be good if the wheel flashed red (or something else visual and obvious) at that point I think.

I’m pretty impressed so far, need to hook it to a desk though…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So the mob got its precious feature… The only problem is nobody else got anything.

I hope A&H can now concentrate on so many so good feature suggestions that have been posted in this forum. Any of them would have been of more value to me than this new app nobody needs (provocation of the mob fully intended).

And I can find a limiter so that my so-called co-musicians don’t kill my monitors and the mix just because they now have the means to do so…

coffee_king
    Participant

GuitarHero
    I hear you buddy. We did get presets as well though, which should hopefully now entice some new users with lesser experiences of live mixing to consider purchasing now.

But yes, we could do with more features, effects, better control of various effects etc.
    This monitor mix app feature was well overdue though.

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

GuitarHero, I must say that multiple TCP/IO connections (which is what I hope is behind that new App) is what I was missing and nothing else. For me and myself and the band, this means we can have iPad control and our FX Footswitch operating simultaneously. This is actually why we still don’t have an iPad in use. So, unfortunate for you, but the mob may be quite happy now.

Personally, I think if you want to get buried with features, you should get a Behringer console. 😎 For me, A&H is the brand that has the features that make sense and that are high quality. I usually do the sound myself, since we can’t afford a separate engineer. But we sometimes have one and this guy jumping up and down in front of his feature-loaded X32, murmuring loudly “oh my God, what am I doing?” did not foster the trust in external engineers in my band members.

Time to update… (after the next show) and time to get an iPad finally.

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

Actually, to be more precise: Nicola, does the Qu now deal with multiple TCP/IP connections talking MIDI, or does the Qu-You use some other means of communication? I see that the MIDI specs haven’t been updated (yet?) to 1.6

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.