Multiple iPads (for individual monitor mixes)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Multiple iPads (for individual monitor mixes)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Fab to hear!

Given most of the UI, I am anticipating a good job…

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Fantastic! I really LOVE my QU16! This will be a GREAT addition.

hmmm.. can we get autotune for an effect plugin next? LOL Ok ok, I’ll just go practice my singing πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Other boards have solved this problem by adding a lock down feature. Only the administrator can have full function over the board and then can assign various functions or mixes to other members as he/she sees fit.

I get mildly concerned about access control when multiple ipads are involved. Even if a muso is on ears so they can only mess with their own mix and not affect the anyone else or the stage noise, and there’s no risk of feedback if their monitor gets too hot because they’re using IEMs and not a wedge, I’d still be concerned that they could inadvertently change a mix other than their own.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Nicola. While you’re at it at some point could we get a fix for the GUI on both iPad apps for better fader control? I find the faders not easy to click and move and with small increments. I have tried a few other apps including the new Mackie app for their rack mixer. Much easier to move the faders. Much more precise. Larger buttons with defined arrows. I find I can jump a bunch of Dbs on this one just trying to move one.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

If you move away from the fader then the action becomes more precise (although you need to get further away)

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I agree with GCumbee,
    it is also very aggravating when we swipe and have to “WAIT” for the screen redraw to happen.

Thanks for addressing these issues that are not Apple issues since the Mackie DL1608 is very fast at screen redraw.

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Really pleased to hear this!! Great!!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It is on top of our list indeed, and I hope to have some news to share next week. Bear with us a few more days

Hmm – does the week start on Monday or Sunday?

πŸ™‚

Nothing like pre-announcing a really popular feature is there πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That is a mean trick πŸ™

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

yeah… sorry… i’m waiting too …

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

When someone says “Next week” to me I always give them at least until the end of the week.
    My week starts on a Monday, so A&H you’ve got until Sunday 26th October 11:59:59 pm GMT before I start grumbling πŸ™‚

Oh yeah, and remember the clocks go back this weekend, so you’ve got an extra hour to provide us with even more new fun stuff this week.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

No grumbling, but if the week starts on Sunday, then they gave themselves 14 days, not 7…

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

Looking forward to this

Profile photo of Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.