Multiple iPads and iPhone app

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Multiple iPads and iPhone app

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I’m really happy to have the new 1.2 firmware, it’s good to know that you are taking our suggestions seriously.

I’d love to have multiple iPads connect to the mixer, that way everyone can mix their own auxes. The same thing would be great with an iPhone app, even if it’s limited to just 1 aux per iPhone. I’m sure both these features would make a massive difference to many users. Presonus and Mackie have had is going on for a while, so it’d be great to see in the next update.

Having channel strips named and saved on the mixer would also be excellent, so they load up when a scene or show is loaded.

Cheers.
    James

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Oh, that’d be nice!

Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Is there really only 2 of us that think that multiple iPads or and iphone app (like behringer, mackie and various others have) is good idea?

I don’t know about the rest of you, but when you have multiple musicians with their own monitor mix, it’d be great for them to adjust their own monitors from their iPads / iphones or even android devices. Any of those options would be very handy! It’d definitely save me loads of time sorting everyones mixes whilst trying to play the drums! I know there’s the ME-1 but this expensive, wired and not really necessary when an ios or android device could do the job perfectly.

Profile photo of HansvdL
    HansvdL
    Participant

No, not just the two of you. There are undoubtedly more people who would like to be able to use more than one Qu-Pad at the same time (and I am one of them). But given the fact that both iLive and GLD have that ability, I’m guessing (hoping) that it’s already on the feature list for a future firmware update. Let’s wait and see.

Jimmydrummer
    Participant

I’ve just seen the version 1.3 manual, and no – still no multiple ipads! – I’m very disappointed, I’ve been waiting for this since the mixer was released. I wouldn’t even mind if there was a small app fee to cover their programming fees, although I’m sure the single iPad thing is a planned and imposed limitation to encourage clients to buy the ME-1. The sad thing is, it’s not working – I just feel ripped off that the single ipad limitation wasn’t mentioned in the advertising of the Qu-16.

I feel that I would be better off with a Behringer X32 producer or X32 rack. Their app has no such limitations, nor does Mackie, or Soundcraft or Presonus! Come on Allen & Heath, catch up!

Profile photo of chasingangus
    chasingangus
    Participant

Please …multiple I pad users and also single strip “more me” would be useful on an I phone or I pad…

Please…please..please

Profile photo of Rob Millar
    Rob Millar
    Participant

This would be awesome if you could! Please do it!

Profile photo of jport
    jport
    Participant

Multiple iPads would be great. The visuals are so much better on the iPad anyways. Just the option to have multiple screens available. Also, maybe a computer app so you could have a large visuals display on a monitor.

Profile photo of Mike Ashelby
    Mike Ashelby
    Participant

I’m super surprised that this hasn’t been implemented yet. Anyone from Allen and Heath care to comment? This could well be a deal breaker for me – and I’m looking at picking up 2 of these QU-16s!

Mike

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think you will get this feature soon. Just be patient.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.