Multiband comps arrival date?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Multiband comps arrival date?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Showtime Showtime 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ton O' Groove
    Ton O’ Groove
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if or when the Multiband compressors are due to land for QU PAC?

If it’s not happening imminently I have a desk to return as Multiband compressors are a must for me. I’m a bit disappointed as I thought it was shipping with ilive suite, but I must have misread it.

Can anyone update me on the state of play please.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

While that feature would be nice I don’t think it’s ever been promised. What does that have to do with iLive? Two different products. It is on the GLD also. That’s why there are different product levels. GLD doesn’t have USB recording like QU. Those users have wished for that.

Ton O’ Groove
    Participant

On the a&h website on the Ilive page it has the the 3 & 4 Multiband compressor in the same bundle as the fx and the QU PAC page says it ships with ilive engine.

It’s a bit misleading but only if you are not familiar with the product ranges like I’m not.

Multiband compressor is a big deal-breaker for me so I will just have to return it and try another brand as the other ranges are out of my budget.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Then I don’t know what to say. I haven’t seen those pages but can’t imagine the two completely different products would look merged on that. This is a get what you pay for business. Like saying I want automatic braking on my car but the car I bought doesn’t offer it. Sorry. I have sold a bunch of QU series. Never had one person even ask about MBC. But if that’s what you desire then ok. This is why it’s so crucial to fully research a product before buying. No one product has everything that everyone wants. I haven’t seen one yet.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The QU page regarding FX says it is derived from the iLive series. Doesn’t say that module is included. I do think they should not mention iLive beyond that statement. Derived from. To go on and mention it later is a bit misleading. They are totally different products.

Ton O’ Groove
    Participant

I totally agree with you. You get what you pay for.

It doesn’t state that module is included.

However,

‘derived from ilive series’ suggests that the QU module content will have the same skill set as ilive suite and mostly of the same quality but it might contain cut down versions of some of the modules…. and some of the modules may also be of a lesser quality.

And that was exactly the impression the website gave me prior to purchase.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

It would seem a simple matter to go beyond the product brochure to the readily available PDF user manual as well as the posted firmware release notes to verify the current feature set. Heck, you can even download the Qu-pad app for free and run it in demo mode to check out the capabilities.

Or you can just keep on dreaming…

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

On the pages of the qu-pac there is with pictures witch fx engines there are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.