Multi-tracking with SQ-5 and Logic causes system overload (works with Zed-R16)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Multi-tracking with SQ-5 and Logic causes system overload (works with Zed-R16)

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of clarkbynum clarkbynum 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of clarkbynum
    clarkbynum
    Participant

Hi everyone, hopefully this isn’t a duplicate issue but I’ve consistently been running into system overload errors in Logic with my new SQ-5 mixer. I ran a side-by-side test last night between my Zed-R16 and the SQ-5 and the latter gives up on recording 9 tracks after about 5 minutes. I recorded for 20 minutes with the Zed and didn’t run into the overload error.

System specs:
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    Processor – 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory – 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics – Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

SQ-5 is running firmware 1.2something (an update might help but I didn’t see anything related to this issue in the 1.3 release notes)

I took videos of the tests so that the support team could take a look if necessary. In the video I have both the Apple activity monitor and logic’s CPU monitor open to hopefully shed light on what’s going on.

Are there any other diagnostic tools I can use while running these tests to get a sense of what might be causing the issue?

One difference that might be causing the issue is firewire vs USB (although I have to convert to USB-C for both; not entirely sure how all that works so I might be way off in thinking that it’s a USB driver issue)

Please let me know if there’s any more information I can provide to help with this process.

Also, I realize I’m able to record my logic tracks to an external drive that should help with the errors but I’d like to figure out why the error is happening with the SQ-5 and not the ZED.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.