Multi track recording on SQ6 has audio gaps.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Multi track recording on SQ6 has audio gaps.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Derek Derek 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bluesmann
    Bluesmann
    Participant

Multi track recording on SQ6 has audio gaps.

I am using the multi track recorder on the SQ6 to record our sermons. I have consistently had audios skips in the recording. I have used different USB drives all with the same result. My latest USB drive is a Kingston DTEG2 64 GB with 70mb writing.
    Any suggestions on what it could be?

Profile photo of churchingnv
    churchingnv
    Participant

I am having the same issue with a stereo recording. Any luck figuring this one out?

Profile photo of azizi
    azizi
    Participant

having the same problem with @churchingnv. audio skip on stereo recording SQ6. how do i overcome this?? im using the same pendrive with my QU32. QU32 no problem.

Bluesmann
    Participant

I finally found success in recording 16 tracks with no glitches or audio gaps.

I am using SanDisk 250GB Extreme Portable SSD – SDSSDE60-250G-G25.

You have to use the adapter to plug the C port into the usb port but it works flawlessly.

Format the drive to fat32 on a Mac computer. Plug into sq and your ready to record.

Profile photo of SPEVS
    SPEVS
    Participant

DO YOU STORE ALL YOUR SHOWS ON THIS DEVICE AS WELL

Bluesmann
    Participant

You could store your shows on it I do not. I store the shows on River thumb drive and have no problem with that.

Profile photo of SPEVS
    SPEVS
    Participant

do you have to use a mac to format it fat32 or can you use a windows laptop, thanks paul

Profile photo of Lighthouse
    Lighthouse
    Participant

I had a lot of problems with the SQ drive dropping audio. SQ5 Board. It is all about the drive being used. Flash/thumb drives don’t seem to work for me. I use WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB that I had kicking around and it is recording fine now.
    Also, I use the Utility feature on the board itself to re-format the drive. I hear advice to reformat each time. I don’t at this point but it would mean that it is definitely a good idea to NOT store shows and scenes etc., on the same drive as the recordings.

Profile photo of Derek
    Derek
    Participant

Had the same issue at our church. Had to upgrade USB to Samsung USB 3.1. Not sure of the specs right now but I’d suggest the fasted USB you can find will do the trick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.