Multi-Surface Role Safes During Login Recall

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Multi-Surface Role Safes During Login Recall

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Currently, if our mons console logs in and triggers an auto recall to the default mons scene, it will also affect the FoH channels, despite role-safeing them.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

how does it affect the FOH channels?

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

I just duplicated this behavior on 1.63 as we’ve been working towards a FOH S7000 and Monitor Director setup. If I log in with my Monitor user on Director with an auto recall of the scene with role safes engaged on both surfaces, I see EQ and level changes to safe channels occurring real time on the S7000 surface. I haven’t tested any further, but I can only assume that role safes are not working at all in this scenario. I was able to recall/store multiple scenes in Director under the monitor role with no apparent issues once I was logged in. I have not yet tested the opposite scenario with Director up and auto recall on the surface. This puts a crimp in our plans to go multi-surface. Our volunteer environment depends on having as much automation as we can get.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

I’ve tested this further. It appears that the issue occurs with both surface and Director auto-recalls. We’ve had to disable auto-recall on login with both systems to avoid accidental scene recalls to either surface from the other.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

As a workaround, can you set the Recall Filters of the login scene in question, to match the Role Safes for that user? You could even have this Scene outside the assigned scene range if you wanted, so the user would not be able to change the filters. Just a thought.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.