Multi-Surface / Director setup

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multi-Surface / Director setup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nupen
    Nupen
    Participant

Hi
    I have a dLive system with a CDM32 and C2500 as the main mixer, in addition I want a DX168 in the cafe downstairs which is “only” connected to MixRack. The MixRack is on 24/7 because it is sometimes used without Surface, only with the iPad control app. Easy for users who are not sound engineers.
    Basically, I want the DX168 not to be affected by what goes on in the main hall and the Surface, but the DX168 downstairs should be controlled via Midi and dLive DIRECTOR.
    I have Neets as AV control system that communicates via Midi, works just fine when I test against MixRack with a C2500.
    Is this possible, and if so, does anyone have tips on how to do this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Nupen,
    The DX168 simply adds more I/O to the MixRack, it does not work independently.
    Any control system, like Director, Neets or the iPad app, would still need to talk to the CDM32. You would then need to isolate any processing and settings that apply to the cafe. Setting up Multi-Surface with a ‘cafe role’ for Director and a ‘main role’ for the C2500 is an option.
    Make sure you understand how the Role Safes work. If you start with the template multi-surface show files, then for example assume channel 65-128 are for the ‘cafe’.
    Bear in mind however that Muti-surface doesn’t give you a separate main mix, nor can be completely bullet-proof, so for example the iPad in the main room could accidentally operate the ‘cafe’ channels.

Have you considered equipping the cafe with a separate mixer, like an SQ? You could still link to the main room using SLink<->gigaACE or Dante if required.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.