multi-band compressor and de-esser

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions multi-band compressor and de-esser

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I have only one person in one particular band that needs a de-esser badly, if I had my old DBX 900 rack I would slap one on him. Set it and forget it. The nice thing about a properly designed de-esser compared to just side-chaining a comp with a boosted EQ is that the de-esser reduces the “S” by a given, “set” decibel, regardless of the volume and dynamic level that the singer is singing. Far superior than a side-chained compressor.

I would kill for a multiband compressor for the Qu. I don’t want a GLD.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That comes under get what you pay for I guess. If AH put everything on the QU that GLD has where would their market be?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I completely agree with you GCumbee 🙂

If I didn’t have to constantly switch layers on the GLD I would get one, but with just twelve faders I hate that thing.
    Not musical at all to mix music on. At least to me.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have an GLD80 demo unit. I do shows with it. Not a real problem. Plus you can put inputs on the right side. So 20 with your masters on layers below that. Also there is the GLD112 with 28 faders. Really once you get used to it no problem. You can put anything on any layer. In any order. Drag and drop. So put your most needed things on top. Less needed below.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I know all about the millions of routing possibilities of the GLD and also know that a larger model with more faders is available and use one regularly, but personally it is too slow to navigate and I fly on it ,,, but not even close to a QU with lots of faders.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.