Mulitrack recording ST1, ST2

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mulitrack recording ST1, ST2

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clarence
    Clarence
    Participant

I tried doing the same thing, but I don’t think st1 or st2 can be recorded. Check routing, if u select usb, you’ll notice that tracks 19-24 and st1 and st2 have x’s. Which makes me think they can’t be recorded.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@Clarence: Don’t mix input routing with output routing. You can’t source ST1/2 inputs from USB, that’s correct. But it should be possible to select ST1/2 as sources for USB output streams, and that’s what is recorded on QuDrive or sent to a computer.

Profile photo of jazebov
    jazebov
    Participant

Thank you very much my friend for trying to solve my problem. Thanks to you, after this, I see, that I was doing normal process to setup, but seems like, the problem is related with FW 1.90.

I hope that problem will be solved in the next FW.

Best regards.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you try recording ST1/2 through groups? Could be at least an interim solution.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Andreas,
    the problem is the re-routing doesn’t stick.
    You can route whatever you want to any of the 1-18 USB multi-track channels,
    but the changes are not displayed properly or recorded so a group would be no different.

it’s broke,

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

I think I am having the same problem.

I am recording interviews via an iPhone to podcast. The iPhone is connected via stereo cable to ST1. ST1 is assigned to channels 15 and 16 in the Setup/IO patch page. This works for recording to a Mac via USB but doesn’t show up on the Qu-Drive/multitrack page. I.e. There is no meter activity on these channels.

Very frustrating. Have I done this right? I am on firmware 1.9 rev 4537 if that matters.

I guess I could get a stereo to mono cable and go via one of the mono channel inputs.

Any advice appreciated.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Surprising if it really doesn’t stick.

Should be easy to replicate and therefore an easy bug report if so

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.