Moving scenes Qu-24 to Qu-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Moving scenes Qu-24 to Qu-16

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brentm
    brentm
    Participant

We’ll be sending our Qu-24 off for repair (faulty Qu Drive USB port) and have been given a Qu-16 loaner. I haven’t had a chance to sit with the Qu-16 yet, but wanted to see if anyone has any tips on making this move. I have our scenes to import but not sure how well this is going to transfer.

Thanks!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

my guess is that you will not be able to use Qu24 scenes with a Qu16

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Since transferring scenes from Qu16 to Qu-Pac obviously does work, I guess A&H may have designed the scenes file structure in a way which is cross-compatible between units, while a unit only pics settings it can support.
    If you’re using channels 17+ those settings unlikely will be restored on the Qu16, obviously…
    I’d just try it to see what happens.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I hear what you’re saying Andreas, and you could be correct,
    but the QuPac is a 32 channel unit so a 24 channel scene should work by guessing.
    who knows 🙂

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Scenes are cross-compatible on all Qu mixers, assuming the firmware on the target unit is equal or higher than the firmware on the unit where the Scenes were originated. As Andreas says, only relevant settings will be recalled, e.g. Qu-16 will discard any higher Input channel, any Group, Matrix or extra SoftKey. Overwriting Scenes or Shows on a Qu-16 will likely result in the settings for those higher Input channels, Groups or Matrix being lost, so I recommend you keep a backup of the original memories.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

thanks for the clarification Nicola,
    Dan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.