Moving channels on SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Moving channels on SQ

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

This may be a stupid question, but is there a quicker way than copy/paste to move certain input channels and their existing setting over to the next?

For instance, recalling a scene for a band, but they have added a vocal mic or an instrument in line, since the last time we were together, and instead of adding it to the next available channel, possibly putting it in order and moving the existing channels down the line?

Thanks for any help!

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

One way is add the new mic on the next available channel, then change the layout on the layer to have the channels presented in the preferred order.

Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

Ok, I’ll try that, thanks!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

One way is add the new mic on the next available channel, then change the layout on the layer to have the channels presented in the preferred order.

That is ok for a onetime change. What I am missing is a comfortable way to reorder channels, e.g move the newly added channels to the position where they would be when you create the channel setup from the scratch. Let us assume you start with a drum setup like Bass, Snare, Hihat, Floor Tom, Mid Tom, High Tom, Overhead Left and Right (channel 1-8 and input 1-8). Then,beginning from 9, there are Bass, E-Guitar, Acoustic, some Keys, brass, Vocals. 12 channels and we end at channel 20 and also input 20. Everything is fine. But then there is a new drummer in the band and a second bass, hihat and a third racktom is added. So we use additional channels and inputs for that three signals. Some additional changes later we will end in a degenerated input patch and channel list.
    Then you want to use some DX168/X and you are planning to place one near the drumkit and one somewhere on the front side of the stage. But then you will have a confusing patch order.
    One problem is that you can reorder the faders but not the channels which are shown in the original order of the input channels.
    So Iwill vote for a move and/or copy method which handle not only the channel processing but also the input configuration, the color and name, the send levels to all busses, simply all aspects and parameter related to the channel.

This would be a huge, HUGE, improvement for every user. Stop discussions about obscure workarounds, lets do it the correct way.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

@mfk0815, same discussion for dLive…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Of course, same problems causes same discussions.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There is no quick and easy way to do this – ie there is no utility or software solution to do this.

I know it was possible using some software on the Behringer X32/M32. Clearly the control protocol for that console was more robust than the A&H consoles. That isn’t a knock against A&H, I haven’t heard of another console where you can do this easily (although to be fair I haven’t really been looking for it). Even the newer Behringer Wing does not have the same ability as the X32/M32 to do this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.